Re: On mac (running, but...)

Jeff Dripps writes:
 > >With 2 recommended changes to .jigidx and move of out file to inside Jigsaw
 > >folder, builds and runs fine.
 > >
 > >Get "broken pipe"(Mac Netscape)/"unexpected network read error"(lynx on
 > >ultrix) errors on many attempts to access links (first problem link is the
 > >configuration tutorial link on the home page).
 >
 > Yes, I am seeing many broken pipe errors myself. I originally suspected
 > that this was due to a bug in the net/io of the Java runtime on the
 > macintosh, but if you are seeing this on lynx too, then perhaps that is not
 > the problem at all.
 > It appears to me that the (persistant) socket is being closed prematurely
 > or that there is a (timing) problem within the socket close method (just a
 > guess).

I am afraid I can't help you that much with this problem. The only
thing I can think of is
a) run the server in trace mode to get details on the situation you
encounter
b) try turning the keep-alive property of the server to false (if you
do this through the form-base editor, don't firget to restart the
server).

b) might be usefull to detect a bug in the browser with regard to
keep-alive (a frequent thing). That's all I can think of, let me know
if you make any progress...

Anselm.