From: Emmanuel Pietriga [mailto:emmanuel.pietriga@inria.fr]
Sent: Thu 13/09/2007 2:34 AM
To: Stewart Wallace
Cc: www-isaviz@w3.org
Subject: Re: Problem starting IsaViz the first time.

Hello,

The class of keys in Java's UI/L&F manager changed between Java 1.5
and 1.6. I addressed this problem about one year ago [1]. If you are
getting this bug, it means that you are probably using IsaViz 2.1.
You have two options :

- run IsaViz 2.1 with a JVM 1.5 or earlier
- run IsaViz 3.0-alpha1 with any JVM, including 1.6

IsaViz 3.0-alpha1 is available from the Download section at [2].
Provided you only use the features available in v2.1 (i.e. don't play
with the Fresnel features), v3.0-alpha1 should be as stable as 2.1,
and actually compatible with a wider range of versions of GraphViz.

[1] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/java/classes/org/w3c/IsaViz/
ConfigManager.java?rev=1.24&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup
[2] http://www.w3.org/2001/11/IsaViz/

Emmanuel

--
Emmanuel Pietriga
INRIA Futurs - Projet In Situ    tel : +33 1 69 15 34 66