W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-international@w3.org > October to December 2021

[minutes] Internationalization telecon 2021-12-09

From: r12a <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2021 17:43:45 +0000
To: www-international@w3.org
Message-ID: <c14a48b0-26c4-abf8-fcdc-9e74a434c6d3@w3.org>
https://www.w3.org/2021/12/09-i18n-minutes.html







– DRAFT –
            Internationalization Working Group Teleconference

09 December 2021

    [2]Agenda. [3]IRC log.

       [2] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2021Dec/0009.html
       [3] https://www.w3.org/2021/12/09-i18n-irc

Attendees

    Present
           atsushi, Bert, David, JcK, r12a, xfq

    Regrets
           Addison, Fátima

    Chair
           xfq

    Scribe
           atsushi, xfq

Contents

     1. [4]Agenda Review
     2. [5]Agenda Review
     3. [6]Action Items
     4. [7]Action Items
     5. [8]Info Share
     6. [9]New, i18n calendar
     7. [10]RADAR Review
     8. [11]New, i18n calendar
     9. [12]Calendar
    10. [13]New repo & tool for echidna publishing
    11. [14]New repo & tool for echidna publishing
    12. [15]AOB?

Meeting minutes

    <r12a> [16]https://www.w3.org/events/meetings/
    949281c4-4b02-4c2d-9a10-4edaae2305d4/20211209T150000

      [16] https://www.w3.org/events/meetings/949281c4-4b02-4c2d-9a10-4edaae2305d4/20211209T150000

   Agenda Review

   Agenda Review

    <r12a> [17]http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

      [17] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

   Action Items

   Action Items

    <xfq> [18]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/1098

      [18] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/1098

    xfq: 1078?
    … kept open

    xfq: 1102
    … have done, but not completedly, asking review now
    … both website and github

    xfq: 1105
    … in later item

    close action-1105

    <trackbot> Closed action-1105.

   Info Share

    atsushi: haven't done agenda+, but would like to share it with
    the group
    … checking issues in wpt
    … for the past few months
    … I wanted to send something to the member list, but not sure
    whether that's correct or not
    … on Chrome and Firefox run on Linux seems not have non-western
    fonts
    … Edge on Windows or Safari on macOS seems to have complete set
    of international fonts including CJK
    … we need to check non-western? code points for tests
    … still not sure if this is correct or not

    r12a: did you say @@ don't have east Asian fonts?

    atsushi: the glyphs of some code points are rendered as tofu

    r12a: there is a CJK font I believe available for CJK fonts on
    wpt
    … you have to look at the font directory in wpt

    <r12a> [19]https://r12a.github.io/scripts/fontlist/

      [19] https://r12a.github.io/scripts/fontlist/

    r12a: here's a list of system fonts for CJK

    [20]https://wpt.fyi/
    analyzer?screenshot=sha1%3A62184ca0e5591687ca98b3702fb02e5078b3
    a727&screenshot=sha1%3Af948379acf4a4ff38703bceb6d1c737f7638a648

      [20] https://wpt.fyi/analyzer?screenshot=sha1:62184ca0e5591687ca98b3702fb02e5078b3a727&screenshot=sha1:f948379acf4a4ff38703bceb6d1c737f7638a648

    r12a: you need to click on 'japanese' or 'chinese'

    atsushi: this is a test
    … should display a Han character, but it's not in this
    screenshot

    john: which calendar?

    xfq: could happen on update without choosing 'sending
    notification'?

    <Bert> I got 1 yesterday and 2 today.

    john: one addressed to me, and one to list
    … to list, joining instruction needs login

    r12a: interesting

   New, i18n calendar

    r12a: anybody see multiple emails yesterday, again 4 today

    xfq: did

    <xfq> atsushi: i believe that is the correct behavior

    <xfq> ... one email will be sent to the list and one email will
    be sent to the participant

    r12a: two should be ok, but four seems strange

    xfq: when update system will send notification, update without
    notification system will not send

    <David> I received 4 today and 2 yesterday.

    r12a: updated agenda several times, and invitation might be
    sent when agenda items were updated everytime
    … why two to the list?

    john: looks like, one to individual, one updated invitation to
    individuals
    … original invitation yesterday

    r12a: three individual invitations yesterday
    … question is why second one today.

    john: could be due to removing email address temporary?

    r12a: supposed that to list is for archival purpose, and
    another to ones listed in database
    … another invitation will be sent to ones in individual
    invitation list
    … system might duplicate that to all?

    <xfq> [21]https://github.com/w3c/calendar/issues/22

      [21] https://github.com/w3c/calendar/issues/22

    r12a: one to the list does never has an invitation link in its
    email

    xfq: seems to be a known issue in link

    john: good to know if W3C wide issue

    <r12a> [22]https://www.w3.org/groups/wg/i18n-core/calendar

      [22] https://www.w3.org/groups/wg/i18n-core/calendar

    r12a: basically, if you go to the calendar system
    … you should be able to see list of teleconferences
    … I'm hoping this could solve timezone issue
    … I believe and hope, this automatically converts DST changes
    … you will see in appropriate time
    … things we can check here are that, I can correct if anything
    wrong
    … for now, until January is registered, and will extend to
    March shortly

    john: bunch of timezones, and some highlighted ones
    … problem is what you will receive

    r12a: i18n in practice

    john: <on GMT>

    r12a: you should be able to see all upcoming teleconferences,
    but you still need to write email for agenda+

    <xfq> agenda, close this item

   RADAR Review

    <xfq> [23]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-request/projects/1

      [23] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-request/projects/1

    xfq: any update?

    [24]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-request/issues/167

      [24] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-request/issues/167

    <xfq> r12a: is this a review for a self-review, or review for a
    document?

    <xfq> atsushi: not sure

    <xfq> r12a: could you clarify that?

    <xfq> atsushi: @@

    r12a: this is not clear whether a request for review on spec or
    check on self checklist results

    xfq: will leave this here for a while, and tell atsushi to take
    actions for clarify and additional information

    <r12a> the i18n group is concerned that the group intends to go
    to CR 'soon' but hasn't yeet issued a request for wide review

    <r12a> the i18n group would like specific pointers to what has
    changed in the spec for the review

    xfq: three other agenda items, addison is not here and cannot
    discuss about string-meta and security issue

    r12a: agree, should be repeat one

   New, i18n calendar

   Calendar

    r12a: want to ask about possibility on change agendabot get the
    agenda from the calendar, rather than an email ?

    bert: could be possible, and could take sometime

    <xfq> r12a: Can agendabot read the agenda in the W3C calendar,
    Bert?

   New repo & tool for echidna publishing

   New repo & tool for echidna publishing

    <r12a> [25]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-editors

      [25] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-editors

    <r12a> [26]https://w3c.github.io/i18n-editors/echidna-pub/

      [26] https://w3c.github.io/i18n-editors/echidna-pub/

    r12a: links above
    … yesterday or before, richard and xfq setup new repository
    … idea is to one goto place for chairs and editors, for
    procedure of go through list of document publishing
    … at this moment, we have links to publishing guidelines and
    editorial guidelines
    … two are working for editorial guidelines at another
    repository
    … new document in this repository, handy guide to publish
    working draft, as second link
    … this is a form, type login credentials, and go through steps
    listed, and them get stuff for publication
    … there is a box at bottom for one to be pasted in echidna file
    … for gap-analysis document, need to be careful on link checker
    … will get images from github, which blocks you due to API
    limit

    xfq: in near future, need to change from WD to DNOTE

    r12a: necessity in any case, also for echidna file

    xfq: I saw r12a sent an email to i18n editors

    atsushi: my email is just an idea without final form

    r12a: if you find anything, provide as email

    xfq: link from i18n pages?

   AOB?

    xfq: any AOB?
    … silent, and finish this meeting
Received on Thursday, 9 December 2021 17:43:52 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Thursday, 9 December 2021 17:43:53 UTC