[minutes] Internationalization telecon 2021-01-21


text version:

            Internationalization Working Group Teleconference

21 January 2021

    [2]Agenda. [3]IRC log.

       [2] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2021Jan/0004.html
       [3] https://www.w3.org/2021/01/21-i18n-irc


           addison, Atsushi, Bert, David, Richard

           Felix, Fuqiao

           Addison Phillips



     1. [4]Agenda Review
     2. [5]Action Items
     3. [6]RADAR Review
     4. [7]AOB?
     5. [8]Summary of action items

Meeting minutes

    trackbot, prepare teleconference

   Agenda Review

   Action Items


       [9] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open


    <trackbot> [10]action-985: Richard Ishida to Study css 3775 for
    future action -- due 2020-12-17 -- OPEN

      [10] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/985

    close action-985

    <trackbot> Closed action-985.

    richard: close 3775


    <trackbot> [11]action-986: Addison Phillips to File an issue on
    miniapp manifest about i18n architecture -- due 2021-01-14 --

      [11] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/986

    close action-986

    <trackbot> Closed action-986.


    <trackbot> [12]action-987: Fuqiao Xue to Ping miniapp editors
    to origanize call if needed -- due 2021-01-14 -- OPEN

      [12] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/987

    close action-987

    <trackbot> Closed action-987.


    <trackbot> [13]action-988: Addison Phillips to Update comment
    on appmanifest 920 mentioning the abnf problems -- due
    2021-01-14 -- OPEN

      [13] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/988


      [14] https://github.com/w3c/miniapp/issues/101

    close action-988

    <trackbot> Closed action-988.

    Bert: agendabot works again!

    richard: two pieces of info
    … exploring at request of ralph and others that we find a way
    to use w3.org urls for all docs
    … including those that are only in github
    … means creating proxies that point to "places that don't
    … as part of the solution will do reorg, such as creating
    site-map page

    richard: had some problems publishing arabic gap analysis doc
    … when pubing with echidna, it builds doc and then publishes
    … but github content wasn't making the timeout
    … fixed for now
    … realized that a bunch of other docs need publishing as EDs
    … such as Adlam
    … some as FPWD e.g. French, Hebrew, etc.
    … some have got ahead of TR
    … telling you because propose FPWD
    … will send email in week

    <r12a> [15]https://w3c.github.io/alreq/gap-analysis/

      [15] https://w3c.github.io/alreq/gap-analysis/

    David: webhooks from github to trigger it?

   RADAR Review


      [16] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-request/projects/1

    richard: spoke to two groups
    … one was EFF
    … small group thinking about raising issues related to the
    rights of rtl users
    … not as easy to use as ltr
    … they claimed unicode and css didn't support?
    … went to their meeting, will try to help them
    … perhaps quite useful
    … we talk to folks from middle east and they don't believe they
    can change the world
    … having soeone say "it's a right" might be helpful pressure

    richard: other group I met was IEEE in India
    … they have a group putting together a list of standards
    related to i18n
    … heavily web biased, but not just web
    … transactions, speech, lang tech
    … some is similar to gap analysis work
    … attended a meeting last year as well
    … see what comes! perhaps kick start indic again


      [17] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues?q=is:issue+is:open+label:pending


      [18] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/996

    Bert to update comment


      [19] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/1006


      [20] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues?q=is:issue+is:open+label:needs-attention

    Action: atsushi: review "needs-attention" issues marked
    "close?" and close as appropriate

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-990 - Review "needs-attention" issues
    marked "close?" and close as appropriate [on Atsushi Shimono -
    due 2021-01-28].


Summary of action items

     1. [21]atsushi: review "needs-attention" issues marked
        "close?" and close as appropriate

Received on Friday, 22 January 2021 09:39:53 UTC