W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-international@w3.org > April to June 2020

[minutes] Internationalization telecon 2020-06-11

From: r12a <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2020 16:02:13 +0100
To: www-international@w3.org
Message-ID: <66eccf66-0f11-e808-ca05-33f3592c0511@w3.org>
https://www.w3.org/2020/06/11-i18n-minutes.html









text version follows;



- DRAFT -

            Internationalization Working Group Teleconference

11 Jun 2020

    [2]Agenda

       [2] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2020Jun/0003.html

Attendees

    Present
           addison, fuqiao, Richard, atsushi, Bert, fsasaki

    Regrets

    Chair
           Addison Phillips

    Scribe
           addison

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]Agenda and Minutes
          2. [5]Action Items
          3. [6]Info Share
          4. [7]RADAR Review
          5. [8]Pending Issues
          6. [9]AOB?
      * [10]Summary of Action Items
      * [11]Summary of Resolutions
      __________________________________________________________

    trackbot, prepare teleconference

    <agendabot> clear agenda

    <scribe> scribenick: addison

    <atsushi> (will move shortly...)

    <atsushi> (need some time for joining webex from tablet...)

Agenda and Minutes

Action Items

    [12]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

      [12] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

    action-916?

    <trackbot> action-916 -- Richard Ishida to Publish lreq
    documents to tr as fpwd -- due 2020-06-04 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [13]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/916

      [13] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/916

    close action-916

    <trackbot> Closed action-916.

    action-917?

    <trackbot> action-917 -- Richard Ishida to Reply to issue css
    5068 on behalf of i18n saying we're satisified with the edit
    proposed -- due 2020-06-11 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [14]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/917

      [14] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/917

Info Share

    richard: should mention that we published 5 FPWD in addition to
    the simple ruby document

    <r12a> Published as FPWD this week, so far:

    <r12a> Ethiopic Layout Gap Analysis

    <r12a> [15]https://w3c.github.io/elreq/gap-analysis/

      [15] https://w3c.github.io/elreq/gap-analysis/

    <r12a> [16]https://www.w3.org/TR/2020/WD-elreq-gap-20200611/

      [16] https://www.w3.org/TR/2020/WD-elreq-gap-20200611/

    <r12a> Dutch Gap Analysis

    <r12a>
    [17]https://w3c.github.io/eurlreq/gap-analysis/latn-nl-gap

      [17] https://w3c.github.io/eurlreq/gap-analysis/latn-nl-gap

    <r12a>
    [18]https://www.w3.org/TR/2020/WD-latn-nl-gap-20200623/index.ht
    ml

      [18] https://www.w3.org/TR/2020/WD-latn-nl-gap-20200623/index.html

    <r12a> Georgian Gap Analysis

    <r12a> [19]https://w3c.github.io/eurlreq/gap-analysis/geor-gap

      [19] https://w3c.github.io/eurlreq/gap-analysis/geor-gap

    <r12a> [20]https://www.w3.org/TR/2020/WD-geor-gap-20200611/

      [20] https://www.w3.org/TR/2020/WD-geor-gap-20200611/

    <r12a> Modern Greek Gap Analysis

    <r12a> [21]https://w3c.github.io/eurlreq/gap-analysis/grek-gap

      [21] https://w3c.github.io/eurlreq/gap-analysis/grek-gap

    <r12a> [22]https://www.w3.org/TR/2020/WD-grek-gap-20200611/

      [22] https://www.w3.org/TR/2020/WD-grek-gap-20200611/

    <r12a> Hungarian Gap Analysis

    <r12a>
    [23]https://w3c.github.io/eurlreq/gap-analysis/latn-hu-gap

      [23] https://w3c.github.io/eurlreq/gap-analysis/latn-hu-gap

    <r12a> [24]https://www.w3.org/TR/2020/WD-latn-hu-gap-20200611/

      [24] https://www.w3.org/TR/2020/WD-latn-hu-gap-20200611/

    richard: next tuesday targetting the remainining SIXTEEN
    ... slowed by needing to change a few to dynamic
    ... will prepare those and others for echidna in the future
    ... need to change URLs all over the place
    ... if we have a link needs to be pointed to TR version

RADAR Review

    [25]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-request/projects/1

      [25] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-request/projects/1

    addison: target next week for DID comments?

    fuqiao: reviewed DID spec. didn't find any other issue.
    ... except one

Pending Issues

    [26]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is
    %3Aopen+label%3Apending

      [26] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues?q=is:issue+is:open+label:pending

    richard: another info share. the tracker page has changed
    slightly
    ... column on left side with either pink or gray dot and column
    on right with different colored dots
    ... to address A11Y concerns

    [27]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/927

      [27] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/927

    fuqiao: have a "normaliztaion" section but not Unicode n11n
    ... some requirements on casing of the DID
    ... DID is a URI scheme
    ... has a scheme name and method
    ... the scheme and method must be lowercase
    ... since they can only be ASCII
    ... if they add a link to the definition of lowercase it will
    be more clear

    atsushi: DID scheme name and method name is defined as
    alphanumerical only
    ... no room to use UTF-8

    fuqiao: they can't use non-ascii, right?

    <xfq_>
    [28]https://www.w3.org/TR/2020/WD-did-core-20200421/#generic-di
    d-syntax

      [28] https://www.w3.org/TR/2020/WD-did-core-20200421/#generic-did-syntax

    atsushi: yes

    fuqiao: 0x61 - 0x7a

    richard: are we happy you can only use ASCII?

    addison: good question?

    fuqiao: not for human/end users to read

    atsushi: they want to use part of URI

    <xfq_>
    [29]https://www.w3.org/TR/2020/WD-did-core-20200421/#the-role-o
    f-human-friendly-identifiers

      [29] https://www.w3.org/TR/2020/WD-did-core-20200421/#the-role-of-human-friendly-identifiers

    <xfq_> [30]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-request/issues/120

      [30] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-request/issues/120

    addison: agree with comment

    richard: point to whatwg or copy the definition? think the
    latter

    addison, fuqiao: +1

    <fsasaki> +1

    [31]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/924

      [31] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/924

    [32]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/923

      [32] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/923

    fuqiao: raised an issue in the webapp repo
    ... webapp manifest has a name

    <xfq_> [33]https://github.com/w3c/manifest/issues/872

      [33] https://github.com/w3c/manifest/issues/872

    fuqiao: has name and description members
    ... has a way to specify lang/base dir for all members
    ... added a few more members also called name and description,
    but subitems
    ... don't apply to them
    ... kind of similar to that issue
    ... pub manifest provides way to set lang/dir on individual
    items
    ... they replied "not let perfect be enemy of the good"

    <r12a> sounds like we need to address that comment by raising
    it formally

    addison: similar comments about how manage language and
    direction
    ... comes from a chinese-specific base

    [34]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/922

      [34] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/922

    [35]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/921

      [35] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/921

    <xfq_> [36]https://github.com/w3c/miniapp/issues/59

      [36] https://github.com/w3c/miniapp/issues/59

    should be 3 comments: one on length, one on definition of
    characters, and one on character set

    richard: maybe unicode should be in the spec

    addison: add an issue for that

    [37]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/920

      [37] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/920

    [38]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/919

      [38] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/919

    [39]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/918

      [39] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/918

    richard: should there be auto? that can be the default

    addison: okay

    [40]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/917

      [40] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/917

    fuqiao: html has a default of ltr

    richard: for historical reasons

    fuqiao: also file 917 against webapp manifest

    [41]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/865

      [41] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/865

    right Changes the location of the selected item(s) to the
    right.

    addison: they don't have start/end, block-start/block-end

    <xfq_> [42]https://drafts.csswg.org/css-logical/

      [42] https://drafts.csswg.org/css-logical/

    addison: I need to flesh out the comment more

    <scribe> ACTION: addison: flesh out issue 865 for re-review

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-918 - Flesh out issue 865 for
    re-review [on Addison Phillips - due 2020-06-18].

    right Changes the location of the selected item(s) to the
    right.

    [43]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/864

      [43] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/864

    [44]https://github.com/w3c/tt-reqs/issues/17

      [44] https://github.com/w3c/tt-reqs/issues/17

    [45]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/796

      [45] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/796

    richard: this is part of your action on fingerprinting

    keep until we respond

    [46]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/607

      [46] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/607

    [47]https://github.com/whatwg/html/issues/4562

      [47] https://github.com/whatwg/html/issues/4562

    <r12a> [48]https://github.com/whatwg/html/issues/4562

      [48] https://github.com/whatwg/html/issues/4562

    <scribe> ACTION: addison: file miniapp issues looking at
    minutes for additional instructions

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-919 - File miniapp issues looking at
    minutes for additional instructions [on Addison Phillips - due
    2020-06-18].

AOB?

    richard: another info share

    <r12a> Inuktitut:
    [49]https://twitter.com/r12a/status/1269872336418877441

      [49] https://twitter.com/r12a/status/1269872336418877441

    richard: if you need to understand how inuktitut works and by
    extension the CANS script, here's some info

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: addison: file miniapp issues looking at minutes
    for additional instructions
    [NEW] ACTION: addison: flesh out issue 865 for re-review

Summary of Resolutions

    [End of minutes]
Received on Thursday, 11 June 2020 15:02:21 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Thursday, 11 June 2020 15:02:21 UTC