W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-international@w3.org > April to June 2020

[minutes] Internationalization telecon 2020-05-21

From: r12a <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2020 16:15:17 +0100
To: www-international@w3.org
Message-ID: <9fa1b2ef-26d4-65f0-efb4-d01ca7019328@w3.org>
https://www.w3.org/2020/05/21-i18n-minutes.html







text versionĀ  follows:

- DRAFT -

            Internationalization Working Group Teleconference

21 May 2020

    [2]Agenda

       [2] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2020May/0009.html

Attendees

    Present
           addison, Fuqiao, atsushi, Richard, JcK, DavidClarke

    Regrets

    Chair
           Addison Phillips

    Scribe
           addison

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]Agenda and Minutes
          2. [5]Action Items
          3. [6]Info Share
          4. [7]RADAR Review
          5. [8]HTML snapshot review
          6. [9]AOB?
      * [10]Summary of Action Items
      * [11]Summary of Resolutions
      __________________________________________________________

    trackbot, prepare teleconference

    <agendabot> clear agenda

    <scribe> scribenick: addison

Agenda and Minutes

    atsushi: final decision on simple-ruby coming

    richard: waiting to see the English version to comment on
    ... the English editorial stuff and also the substantive
    changes

    atsushi: 2 phases, update of English shortly
    ... and then review entire document
    ... first part this week
    ... and next part next week

Action Items

    [12]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

      [12] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

    action-906?

    <trackbot> action-906 -- Richard Ishida to Review edits in css
    issue 4765 (our 845) and see if we're satisfied -- due
    2020-05-14 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [13]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/906

      [13] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/906

    richard: almost satisfied, requested a tweak

    close action-906

    <trackbot> Closed action-906.

    richard: see if "we're" satisfied, but only tracker

    action-908?

    <trackbot> action-908 -- Fuqiao Xue to Create issue 221 in css
    as "needs resolution"
    ([14]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/221) -- due
    2020-05-21 -- OPEN

      [14] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/221)

    <trackbot>
    [15]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/908

      [15] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/908

    close action-908

    <trackbot> Closed action-908.

    action-909?

    <trackbot> action-909 -- Richard Ishida to Look at
    [16]https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5030 -- due
    2020-05-21 -- OPEN

      [16] https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5030

    <trackbot>
    [17]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/909

      [17] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/909

    richard: thought chris did a nice job, i18n to look at detail

    close action-909

    <trackbot> Closed action-909.

    richard: think we as a group should look at spec

    action-910?

    <trackbot> action-910 -- Addison Phillips to Submit issue 901
    to web-share -- due 2020-05-21 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [18]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/910

      [18] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/910

    close action-910

    <trackbot> Closed action-910.

    action-911?

    <trackbot> action-911 -- Fuqiao Xue to Fill in review request
    for miniapp -- due 2020-05-21 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [19]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/911

      [19] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/911

    close action-911

    <trackbot> Closed action-911.

Info Share

    richard: so this week we held the AC rep meeting
    ... and there was a talk about i18n

    <r12a> [20]https://www.w3.org/2020/05/AC/talk/i18n#align

      [20] https://www.w3.org/2020/05/AC/talk/i18n#align

    jck: aware of mathematical character flap?

    richard: if you had listened to ac meeting, process 2020
    ... worth watching
    ... very significant changes to the w3c process
    ... aim is to make easier to get to rec or stay in cr

    <xfq> Slides:
    [21]https://florian.rivoal.net/talks/process2020/slides

      [21] https://florian.rivoal.net/talks/process2020/slides

    richard: don't have to do multiple transitions for small
    changes
    ... can look in TR to find latest
    ... until now you had to look in editor's copy
    ... use the editor's copy for experiments

    addison: attempting to emulate live specs

    richard: implications for us is that we need to get stuff into
    TR
    ... "should be a button press", but isn't quite
    ... updated the TR version of language enablement index
    ... will try to change links to TR
    ... also updated ALreq
    ... saw that fuqiao did CLreq
    ... we have a lot of other docs that are not yet FPWD
    ... all indic
    ... SEAlreq
    ... making a list of things for FPWD
    ... will also start more generally to need to point to TR

    <scribe> ACTION: richard: review all repos to see if we need to
    publish FPWD or updates

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-912 - Review all repos to see if we
    need to publish fpwd or updates [on Richard Ishida - due
    2020-05-28].

    <r12a> [22]https://www.w3.org/International/groups/

      [22] https://www.w3.org/International/groups/

    [23]https://www.w3.org/TR/?tag=i18n

      [23] https://www.w3.org/TR/?tag=i18n

RADAR Review

    [24]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-request/projects/1

      [24] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-request/projects/1

    <r12a> 4th thing was that we need to clarify what's happening
    with jlreq (Atsushi)

    fuqiao: for css colors, didn't find any major issues
    ... might want to suggest that the glyph overlap issue for
    scripts like arabic when text has a transparent color
    ... it's mentioned

    <xfq> [25]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-request/issues/116

      [25] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-request/issues/116

HTML snapshot review

    [26]https://github.com/whatwg/html/pull/4672

      [26] https://github.com/whatwg/html/pull/4672

    [27]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2020M
    ay/0011.html

      [27] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2020May/0011.html

    okay to publish snapshot?

    +1

    <DavidClarke> +1

    <xfq> +1

    <r12a> +1

    <atsushi> +1

    <xfq> [28]https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4074

      [28] https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4074

    RESOLUTION: okay to publish HTML snapshot of 2020-01-30

    <scribe> ACTION: addison: update HR request github issue for
    html snapshot

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-913 - Update hr request github issue
    for html snapshot [on Addison Phillips - due 2020-05-28].

    [29]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/126

      [29] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/126

    [30]https://github.com/whatwg/html/issues/3077

      [30] https://github.com/whatwg/html/issues/3077

    close 126; read inputmode for issues in the future

    [31]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/652

      [31] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/652

    close 652

    [32]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/808

      [32] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/808

    [33]https://infra.spec.whatwg.org/#strings

      [33] https://infra.spec.whatwg.org/#strings

    A string a is or is identical to a string b if it consists of
    the same sequence of code units. Except where otherwise stated,
    all string comparisons use is. This type of string comparison
    was formerly known as a "case-sensitive" comparison in HTML.
    Strings that compare as identical to one another are not only
    sensitive to case variation (such as UPPER and lower case), but
    also to other code point encoding choices, such as
    normalization form or the order o[CUT]

    close 808

AOB?

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: addison: update HR request github issue for html
    snapshot
    [NEW] ACTION: richard: review all repos to see if we need to
    publish FPWD or updates

Summary of Resolutions

     1. [34]okay to publish HTML snapshot of 2020-01-30

    [End of minutes]
Received on Thursday, 21 May 2020 15:15:24 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Thursday, 21 May 2020 15:15:25 UTC