[minutes] Internationalization telecon 2019-11-07


text version follows:


            Internationalization Working Group Teleconference

07 Nov 2019




           addison, Bert, r12a, JcK


           Addison Phillips



      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]Agenda and Minutes
          2. [5]Action Items
          3. [6]Info Share
          4. [7]RADAR and Active Work Review
      * [8]Summary of Action Items
      * [9]Summary of Resolutions

    trackbot, prepare teleconference

    <agendabot> clear agenda

Agenda and Minutes

    richard: fuqiao raised an issue for something
    ... intersection obseer
    ... outstanding issue PLH asked me about for service workers
    ... action to respond

Action Items


    <trackbot> action-830 -- Addison Phillips to Check with unicode
    about the status of bliss symbol encoding -- due 2019-09-23 --


      [10] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/830

    close action-830

    <trackbot> Closed action-830.


    <trackbot> action-833 -- Addison Phillips to Follow up on
    [11]https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4308 with
    unicode -- due 2019-10-03 -- OPEN

      [11] https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4308


      [12] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/833


    <trackbot> action-832 -- Addison Phillips to Check with Unicode
    ESC and UTC on CSS 337: can emoji be EA Width of Ambiguous --
    due 2019-09-26 -- OPEN


      [13] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/832

    close action-833

    <trackbot> Closed action-833.


    <trackbot> action-840 -- Atsushi Shimono to Find out about
    potential schedule clash with ttwg and report back if we need
    to consider a time change -- due 2019-10-31 -- OPEN


      [14] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/840

    richard to ping out of band


    <trackbot> action-843 -- Richard Ishida to Close xslt tracker
    items -- due 2019-11-07 -- OPEN


      [15] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/843

    close action-843

    <trackbot> Closed action-843.


    <trackbot> action-844 -- Richard Ishida to Close tracker items
    for utr51, package on the web, css flexbox -- due 2019-11-07 --


      [16] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/844

    close action-844

    <trackbot> Closed action-844.

Info Share

RADAR and Active Work Review


      [17] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/projects/1

    richard: fuqiao came up with one thing, turns out 2 years ago I
    came up with same thing
    ... on intersection observer

    <r12a> [18]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/806

      [18] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/806

    <r12a> [19]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/488

      [19] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/488

    addison: nudge them, since they appear to have our comment?

    richard: probably

    <scribe> ACTION: addison: advise intersection observer about
    our review, pointing out issue 488

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-845 - Advise intersection observer
    about our review, pointing out issue 488 [on Addison Phillips -
    due 2019-11-14].






      [22] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/802


      [23] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/800

    richard: each section proposes how to add speech info
    ... some things are somewhat devious, like putting json into an
    ... all the different ways you could do it
    ... but don't have anything about asking HTML for a new
    ... using all sorts of things that are already there

    addison: be more verbose


      [24] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/799


      [25] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/801



      [26] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/795

    <Bert> (b.t.w., 'heavy' is not a valid value for 'font-weight'
    in CSS, they probably mean 'bold' or '800'.)


      [27] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/794

    <Bert> (CSS has 'font-language-override' to select which tables
    in an OpenType font to use, but it says nothing about the
    language of the document.)

    html case sensitive needs an issue

    richard: what did you review bert?

    bert: the dom spec


      [28] https://github.com/whatwg/dom/issues/793

    (this is our:

      [29] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/803)



    <r12a> Comparing two strings in a case-sensitive manner means
    comparing them exactly, code point for code point.


      [31] https://www.w3.org/TR/charmod-norm/#DefaultNormalizationStep

    <JcK> I've got a conflict and have to drop out - enjoy boiling
    this particular ocean. My guess is that they won't agree to do
    anything there, no matter how well we explain it

    <scribe> ACTION: addison: file 2 issues against whatwg infra
    about case-sensitive and update css comment

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-846 - File 2 issues against whatwg
    infra about case-sensitive and update css comment [on Addison
    Phillips - due 2019-11-14].

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: addison: advise intersection observer about our
    review, pointing out issue 488
    [NEW] ACTION: addison: file 2 issues against whatwg infra about
    case-sensitive and update css comment

Summary of Resolutions

    [End of minutes]

Received on Thursday, 7 November 2019 16:54:57 UTC