W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-international@w3.org > July to September 2019

[minutes] Internationalization telecon 2019-09-26

From: r12a <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2019 06:17:31 +0100
To: www International <www-international@w3.org>
Message-ID: <5a5f3652-bbcc-1feb-6e5f-e29a53bb1606@w3.org>
https://www.w3.org/2019/09/26-i18n-minutes.html






text extract follows:

- DRAFT -

            Internationalization Working Group Teleconference

26 Sep 2019

    [2]Agenda

       [2] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2019Sep/0033.html

Attendees

    Present
           addison, atsushi, David, xfq, Bert, JcK

    Regrets
           Richard, Katy

    Chair
           Addison Phillips

    Scribe
           addison

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]Agenda and Minutes
          2. [5]Action Items
          3. [6]Info Share
          4. [7]RADAR and Active Work Review
          5. [8]review WoT open issues for closure
          6. [9]DCAT issue review pending CR
          7. [10]AOB?
      * [11]Summary of Action Items
      * [12]Summary of Resolutions
      __________________________________________________________

    trackbot, prepare teleconference

    <agendabot> clear agenda

    <scribe> scribenick: addison

Agenda and Minutes

Action Items

    [13]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

      [13] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

    action-802?

    <trackbot> action-802 -- Addison Phillips to Reach out to
    JSON-LD 1.1 about base direction and I18N reviews -- due
    2019-05-17 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [14]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/802

      [14] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/802

    close action-802

    <trackbot> Closed action-802.

    action-823?

    <trackbot> action-823 -- Addison Phillips to Add text to
    specdev in the language tags section explaining well-formed,
    validity, etc. -- due 2019-09-12 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [15]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/823

      [15] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/823

    close action-823

    <trackbot> Closed action-823.

    action-825?

    <trackbot> action-825 -- Addison Phillips to Reach out to css
    (chairs, xfq) and plh to discuss progress of specs in charter
    -- due 2019-09-12 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [16]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/825

      [16] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/825

    close action-825

    <trackbot> Closed action-825.

    action-829?

    <trackbot> action-829 -- Addison Phillips to Raise string-meta
    problem at chairs lunch -- due 2019-09-23 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [17]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/829

      [17] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/829

    close action-829

    <trackbot> Closed action-829.

    action-830?

    <trackbot> action-830 -- Addison Phillips to Check with unicode
    about the status of bliss symbol encoding -- due 2019-09-23 --
    OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [18]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/830

      [18] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/830

    action-831?

    <trackbot> action-831 -- David Clarke to Consider a proposal on
    title/meta for whatwg and report back -- due 2019-09-23 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [19]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/831

      [19] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/831

    david: will turn into notes next week

Info Share

RADAR and Active Work Review

    [20]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/projects/1

      [20] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/projects/1

    [21]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2019S
    ep/0037.html

      [21] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2019Sep/0037.html

    <scribe> ACTION: addison: follow up on
    [22]https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4308 with
    unicode

      [22] https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4308

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-833 - Follow up on
    [23]https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4308 with
    unicode [on Addison Phillips - due 2019-10-03].

      [23] https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4308

    <JcK> I just tried to go through the WebEx login process and
    got a message that the meeting service is temporariy
    unavailable and that I should try again later. Then refused to
    connect audio. Will try again in about five minutes, otherwise
    see you next week :-(

    [24]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/wiki/Automation-requir
    ements

      [24] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/wiki/Automation-requirements

    <JcK> "Join WebEx Audio Failed"

    <JcK> Got kicked out entirely this time. Going to go back
    through the whole process again.

    (reading the document)

    atsushi: there was an incident that tracker label added to
    repos but no notification to i18n, also not added to
    notification config. automation on that is also included in a
    list of the wiki page.

    addison: one thing missing is the creation of a tag in our repo
    for the matching spec and application of that tag to the
    auto-created tracking issues; that's how we find issues later

    <JcK> So, I tried getting in a second time, it told me that I
    was already logged in and asked if I wanted to connect a second
    time, then got the same message. I can set up to call on a land
    line, but it will take about 15 minutes to arrange. Regrets
    (from WebEx) for this call, I'm afraid.

    <JcK> Obviously not your fault. I do see a "call me" option -
    going to try that.

    bert: finding the spec that the issue is about is sometimes
    difficult
    ... sometimes there is a link. would help

    addison: when we manually create, we add a link
    ... so that's a possible problem automation

    david: there should be tags that gets all HR groups together
    ... a track tag that says "all HR groups" get pinged with xyz
    spec want you to have a look

    <scribe> ACTION: richard: follow up on feedback on automation
    requirements from telecon pinging addison with any questions
    (see minutes)

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-834 - Follow up on feedback on
    automation requirements from telecon pinging addison with any
    questions (see minutes) [on Richard Ishida - due 2019-10-03].

review WoT open issues for closure

    <Bert> [25]WoT issues

      [25] http://w3c.github.io/i18n-activity/reviews/#wot

    [26]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&
    q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3Awot

      [26] 
https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues?utf8=✓&q=is:issue+is:open+label:wot

    [27]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/685

      [27] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/685

    bert: this is the json-ld thing

    addison: they did things in their spec, their solution might be
    stale
    ... needs investigation in spec

    <scribe> ACTION: addison: review our issue 685 and check if wot
    has implemented the text we would support for direction in TD

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-835 - Review our issue 685 and check
    if wot has implemented the text we would support for direction
    in td [on Addison Phillips - due 2019-10-03].

    [28]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/684

      [28] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/684

    addison: need to check text in this one also, adding to my
    action-835

    [29]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/683

      [29] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/683

    they don't seem to have finished this one

    [30]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/681

      [30] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/681

    [31]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/680

      [31] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/680

    [32]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/679

      [32] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/679

    [33]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/677

      [33] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/677

    last one may not be finished?

    will produce a summary while responding to each issue
    individually

DCAT issue review pending CR

    [34]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&
    q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen++label%3Adcat

      [34] 
https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues?utf8=✓&q=is:issue+is:open++label:dcat

    [35]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/711

      [35] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/711

    might be addressed

    [36]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/710

      [36] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/710

    added language and did "future-work" for direction

    [37]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/709

      [37] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/709

    <scribe> ACTION: addison: follow up on open DCAT issues and
    update transreq as needed

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-836 - Follow up on open dcat issues
    and update transreq as needed [on Addison Phillips - due
    2019-10-03].

    addison: take up tpac next week? any thoughts this week?

    bert: happy to see a lot people came to the jlreq break out
    session

    addison: good outcomes?

    <xfq> [38]https://www.w3.org/2019/09/18-jlreq-minutes.html

      [38] https://www.w3.org/2019/09/18-jlreq-minutes.html

    bert: no actions or outcomes, but good meeting

AOB?

    <xfq> we also introduced clreq in the chinese ig f2f:
    [39]https://www.w3.org/2019/09/20-Chinese-Web-en-minutes.html#i
    tem02

      [39] https://www.w3.org/2019/09/20-Chinese-Web-en-minutes.html#item02

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: addison: follow up on
    https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4308 with unicode
    [NEW] ACTION: addison: follow up on open DCAT issues and update
    transreq as needed
    [NEW] ACTION: addison: review our issue 685 and check if wot
    has implemented the text we would support for direction in TD
    [NEW] ACTION: richard: follow up on feedback on automation
    requirements from telecon pinging addison with any questions
    (see minutes)

Summary of Resolutions

    [End of minutes]
Received on Monday, 30 September 2019 05:17:39 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 22:41:15 UTC