W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-international@w3.org > July to September 2019

[minutes] Internationalization telecon 2019-09-12

From: r12a <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2019 16:22:12 +0100
To: www International <www-international@w3.org>
Message-ID: <395a60db-6e19-9193-1d9f-fd8fcbd93d1d@w3.org>
https://www.w3.org/2019/09/12-i18n-minutes.html






text version follows:



- DRAFT -

            Internationalization Working Group Teleconference

12 Sep 2019

    [2]Agenda

       [2] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2019Sep/0014.html

Attendees

    Present
           r12a, addison, atsushi, xfq, Bert, JcK

    Regrets

    Chair
           Addison Phillips

    Scribe
           addison

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]Agenda and Minutes
          2. [5]Action Items
          3. [6]Info Share
          4. [7]RADAR and Active Work Review
          5. [8]Various TPAC Planning items
          6. [9]AOB?
      * [10]Summary of Action Items
      * [11]Summary of Resolutions
      __________________________________________________________

    trackboth, prepare teleconference

    <agendabot> clear agenda

    <scribe> Scribenick: addison

Agenda and Minutes

Action Items

    [12]http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

      [12] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

    action-821?

    <trackbot> action-821 -- Addison Phillips to Contact leonie
    about hr and discussing hr at tpac -- due 2019-09-05 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [13]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/821

      [13] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/821

    close action-821

    <trackbot> Closed action-821.

    action-822?

    <trackbot> action-822 -- Addison Phillips to Approve observer
    to alan bird -- due 2019-09-12 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [14]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/822

      [14] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/822

    close action-822

    <trackbot> Closed action-822.

    action-824?

    <trackbot> action-824 -- Richard Ishida to Ask dom if every
    repo can be set up with labels and notification -- due
    2019-09-12 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [15]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/824

      [15] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/824

    to discuss in tpac

    close action-824

    <trackbot> Closed action-824.

Info Share

    richard: css folks asking us for info related to unicode
    ... need to stoke liaison channel
    ... fantasai and florian
    ... 1. whether zwsp breaks shaping
    ... 2. emoji as wide was correct vs. ambiguous
    ... 3. classification of javanese characters as AL (so like
    latin characters)
    ... whereas Thai is AS (indicating morpho analyzer)
    ... and a couple other scripts
    ... fantasai suggests they should have AS
    ... not certain, because just look for specific syllable
    boundaries
    ... matt g. has posted a response

    <r12a>
    [16]https://github.com/w3c/bp-i18n-specdev/issues/36#issuecomme
    nt-530840811

      [16] 
https://github.com/w3c/bp-i18n-specdev/issues/36#issuecomment-530840811

RADAR and Active Work Review

    [17]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/projects/1

      [17] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/projects/1

    tpac agenda add: review awaiting comment resolution

    richard: reviewing pub manifest self-review
    ... they ended up rewriting the language parts of the spec
    ... as a result. contacted ivan. be easier to review in tpac.
    ... not sure they got the idea

    tpac agenda add: talk to ivan/pub manifest about their text,
    possibly thurs/fri

    richard: expect to send json-ld after tpac

    bert: maybe review DOM after tpac

    [18]https://dom.spec.whatwg.org/review-drafts/2019-06/

      [18] https://dom.spec.whatwg.org/review-drafts/2019-06/

Various TPAC Planning items

    [19]https://www.w3.org/wiki/I18N_2019_TPAC

      [19] https://www.w3.org/wiki/I18N_2019_TPAC

    go to issue 130 and put a time

    16: 00 for HR

    <Bert>
    [20]https://www.w3.org/register/tpac2019/registrants#meeting-68

      [20] https://www.w3.org/register/tpac2019/registrants#meeting-68

    richard: atsushi and I at jlreq meeting
    ... discussion of ruby

    (addison to invite observers)

AOB?

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

    [End of minutes]
Received on Thursday, 12 September 2019 15:22:19 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 22:41:15 UTC