W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-international@w3.org > July to September 2019

[minutes] Internationalization telecon 2019-09-05

From: r12a <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2019 20:03:03 +0100
To: www International <www-international@w3.org>
Message-ID: <909cd0e2-8be3-c285-48d7-466220410bb4@w3.org>
https://www.w3.org/2019/09/05-i18n-minutes.html





text version follows:


- DRAFT -

            Internationalization Working Group Teleconference

05 Sep 2019

    [2]Agenda

       [2] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2019Sep/0000.html

Attendees

    Present
           addison, xfq, atsushi, r12a, JcK, Bert

    Regrets

    Chair
           Addison Phillips

    Scribe
           addison

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]Agenda and Minutes
          2. [5]Action Items
          3. [6]Info Share
          4. [7]RADAR and Active Work Review
          5. [8]tpac agenda
          6. [9]a question about language tags from ivan
          7. [10]review process wiki page
          8. [11]CSS charter
          9. [12]AOB?
      * [13]Summary of Action Items
      * [14]Summary of Resolutions
      __________________________________________________________

    trackbot, prepare teleconference

    <agendabot> clear agenda

    <scribe> ScribeNick: addison

Agenda and Minutes

Action Items

    [15]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

      [15] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

    action-818?

    <trackbot> action-818 -- Addison Phillips to Set up tpac2019
    agenda wiki -- due 2019-08-15 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [16]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/818

      [16] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/818

    [17]https://www.w3.org/wiki/I18N_2019_TPAC

      [17] https://www.w3.org/wiki/I18N_2019_TPAC

    close action-818

    <trackbot> Closed action-818.

    action-820?

    <trackbot> action-820 -- Richard Ishida to Create the
    horizontal review bill of rights in wiki -- due 2019-09-05 --
    OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [18]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/820

      [18] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/820

    close action-820

    <trackbot> Closed action-820.

    action-821?

    <trackbot> action-821 -- Addison Phillips to Contact leonie
    about hr and discussing hr at tpac -- due 2019-09-05 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [19]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/821

      [19] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/821

    richard: had some team discussion
    ... didn't contact leonie

    addison to send post call

    richard: not what she wants in her doc or in css charter

    addison: will make time in our agenda, possibly monday

Info Share

    richard: alan bird, biz dev for w3c
    ... can a prospective member observe tpac

    <scribe> ACTION: addison: approve observer to alan bird

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-822 - Approve observer to alan bird
    [on Addison Phillips - due 2019-09-12].

RADAR and Active Work Review

    [20]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/projects/1

      [20] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/projects/1

    richard: ivan said self reviews were useful; also, look at spec
    to see changes

    addison: kind of the point of self-review is to fix the spec!

    richard: next stage just after tpac

tpac agenda

    richard: need to develop the agenda :-)
    ... some time on issues, such as atsushi's list
    ... good to prepare rather than during meeting
    ... set aside sections for comment review

    addison: atsushi, can you draw together a list/lists?

    <atsushi> sorry, voice from Addison get quite low for a
    minute...

a question about language tags from ivan

    richard: ivan wants an answer to email

    <JcK> Addison, can still only barely hear you -- volume dropped
    off abruptly a few minutes ago

    richard: not sure of the group
    ... why well-formed vs. validity
    ... not sure of the group

    addison: well-formed only a regex vs. validity requires the
    registry

    richard: raise as issue

    <Bert> [21]email message: [w3c/json-ld-wg] I18N Review (#93)

      [21] 
https://www.w3.org/mid/d45087a8-bf18-8297-4e9f-19f8d2846f2f@w3.org

    [22]https://w3c.github.io/bp-i18n-specdev/#lang_values_valid

      [22] https://w3c.github.io/bp-i18n-specdev/#lang_values_valid

    <scribe> ACTION: addison: add text to specdev in the language
    tags section explaining well-formed, validity, etc.

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-823 - Add text to specdev in the
    language tags section explaining well-formed, validity, etc.
    [on Addison Phillips - due 2019-09-12].

    richard to file an issue against specdev

review process wiki page

    <r12a-again>
    [23]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/wiki/i18n-Horizontal-R
    eview-ideas

      [23] 
https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/wiki/i18n-Horizontal-Review-ideas

    [24]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2019S
    ep/0001.html

      [24] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2019Sep/0001.html

    <atsushi> that reminded me that I need to ask this to Richard:
    [25]https://github.com/w3c/github-notify-ml-config/pull/173

      [25] https://github.com/w3c/github-notify-ml-config/pull/173

    <scribe> ACTION: richard: ask Dom if every repo can be set up
    with labels and notification

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-824 - Ask dom if every repo can be
    set up with labels and notification [on Richard Ishida - due
    2019-09-12].

CSS charter

    richard: alternative wording suggested

    <xfq> [26]https://github.com/w3c/charter-drafts/issues/219

      [26] https://github.com/w3c/charter-drafts/issues/219

    <xfq> Sam's suggested text:
    [27]https://github.com/w3c/charter-drafts/pull/234

      [27] https://github.com/w3c/charter-drafts/pull/234

    <xfq> [28]https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues/188

      [28] https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues/188

AOB?

    <scribe> ACTION: addison: reach out to css (chairs, xfq) and
    plh to discuss progress of specs in charter

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-825 - Reach out to css (chairs, xfq)
    and plh to discuss progress of specs in charter [on Addison
    Phillips - due 2019-09-12].

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: addison: add text to specdev in the language tags
    section explaining well-formed, validity, etc.
    [NEW] ACTION: addison: approve observer to alan bird
    [NEW] ACTION: addison: reach out to css (chairs, xfq) and plh
    to discuss progress of specs in charter
    [NEW] ACTION: richard: ask Dom if every repo can be set up with
    labels and notification

Summary of Resolutions

    [End of minutes]
Received on Thursday, 5 September 2019 19:03:11 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 22:41:15 UTC