W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-international@w3.org > July to September 2019

[minutes] Internationalization telecon 2019-08-29

From: r12a <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2019 19:24:36 +0100
To: www International <www-international@w3.org>
Message-ID: <78acf0d1-482b-c96d-386c-100fe56e5f6b@w3.org>
https://www.w3.org/2019/08/29-i18n-minutes.html





text version follows:



- DRAFT -

            Internationalization Working Group Teleconference

29 Aug 2019

    [2]Agenda

       [2] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2019Aug/0020.html

Attendees

    Present
           addison, atsushi, r12a, xfq

    Regrets
           david, jck, Bert

    Chair
           Addison Phillips

    Scribe
           addison

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]Agenda and Minutes
          2. [5]Action Items
          3. [6]Info Share
          4. [7]RADAR and Active Work Review
          5. [8]Review process
          6. [9]AOB?
      * [10]Summary of Action Items
      * [11]Summary of Resolutions
      __________________________________________________________

    trackbot, prepare teleconference

    <agendabot> clear agenda

    <scribe> scribenick: addison

Agenda and Minutes

Action Items

    [12]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

      [12] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

    [13]https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3754

      [13] https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3754

    action-804?

    <trackbot> action-804 -- Richard Ishida to Examine our issue 96
    and css 3754 and ensure we can close or reopen if necessary --
    due 2019-05-23 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [14]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/804

      [14] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/804

    richard: think we just wait and see if anything

    close action-804

    <trackbot> Closed action-804.

    action-813?

    <trackbot> action-813 -- Richard Ishida to Update and submit
    607 to whatwg (email addresses) -- due 2019-07-18 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [15]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/813

      [15] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/813

    close action-813

    <trackbot> Closed action-813.

    need to deal with eventually

    action-818?

    <trackbot> action-818 -- Addison Phillips to Set up tpac2019
    agenda wiki -- due 2019-08-15 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [16]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/818

      [16] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/818

    action-819?

    <trackbot> action-819 -- Richard Ishida to Publish
    "internationalization tips for linking to headers and figures"
    -- due 2019-08-22 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [17]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/819

      [17] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/819

    close action-819

    <trackbot> Closed action-819.

Info Share

    <r12a> [18]https://w3c.github.io/i18n-activity/reviews/

      [18] https://w3c.github.io/i18n-activity/reviews/

    richard: new label here for "advice requests"
    ... css currently has label "need i18n help"
    ... should cover some next week
    ... print a list of advice requested issues, but script not
    working currently
    ... if css or other groups use a label like this

    <r12a>
    [19]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2019A
    ug/0022.html

      [19] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2019Aug/0022.html

    TPAC Agenda: [20]https://www.w3.org/wiki/I18N_2019_TPAC

      [20] https://www.w3.org/wiki/I18N_2019_TPAC

    richard: have a session some time to talk to process for
    horizontal reviews folks
    ... possibly in our meeting time in TPAC

RADAR and Active Work Review

    [21]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/projects/1

      [21] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/projects/1

Review process

    <r12a> [22]https://github.com/w3c/charter-drafts/issues/219

      [22] https://github.com/w3c/charter-drafts/issues/219

    richard: long discussion about when horizontal should occur
    ... another thread about process

    [23]https://github.com/w3c/w3process/issues/130

      [23] https://github.com/w3c/w3process/issues/130

    <r12a> in an ideal world, i18n folks would work on each WG
    throughout the whole spec development process. We don’t have
    the bandwidth for that, so i’m proposing the following.

    <r12a> - [ ] WGs do self-reviews, starting at FPWD but also at
    other points during the spec development process, and HR groups
    work on improving the review checklists and explanations

    <r12a> - [ ] WGs appoint HR champions to ensure that contacts
    with HR groups happen at appropriate points

    <r12a> - [ ] WG asks HR groups to take a detailed look at their
    work with plenty of time to make changes: this should not be
    the ‘finalised’ spec, but should not be too early either - the
    ideal is typically to engage HR 3 months before CR

    <r12a> - [ ] WG can also ask advice of HR group at any time if
    they know there are likely to be HR implications to aspects of
    their spec

    <r12a> - [ ] after the main review, the WG should communicate
    with HR about any significant changes they make to the spec
    that were not tracked already as a result of the review

    <r12a> - [ ] before proceeding to CR, WGs must indicate
    resolutions and whether the HR group is satisfied for all
    issues raised by the HR groups on their spec, and the Director
    must check those issues

    <atsushi> L1

    <atsushi> +1

    <scribe> ACTION: richard: create the horizontal review bill of
    rights in wiki

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-820 - Create the horizontal review
    bill of rights in wiki [on Richard Ishida - due 2019-09-05].

    <scribe> ACTION: addison: contact leonie about HR and
    discussing HR at TPAC

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-821 - Contact leonie about hr and
    discussing hr at tpac [on Addison Phillips - due 2019-09-05].

AOB?

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: addison: contact leonie about HR and discussing
    HR at TPAC
    [NEW] ACTION: richard: create the horizontal review bill of
    rights in wiki

Summary of Resolutions

    [End of minutes]
Received on Thursday, 29 August 2019 18:24:39 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 22:41:15 UTC