W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-international@w3.org > July to September 2019

[minutes] Internationalization telecon 2019-08-08

From: r12a <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2019 19:06:11 +0100
To: www International <www-international@w3.org>
Message-ID: <c2dab08e-a176-b0b2-553e-d8f6517aac00@w3.org>
https://www.w3.org/2019/08/08-i18n-minutes.html





text version follows:


- DRAFT -

            Internationalization Working Group Teleconference

08 Aug 2019

    [2]Agenda

       [2] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2019Aug/0001.html

Attendees

    Present
           atsushi, addison, xfq, Richard, JcK

    Regrets
           Katy, David

    Chair
           Addison Phillips

    Scribe
           addison

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]Agenda and Minutes
          2. [5]Action Items
          3. [6]RADAR and Active Work Review
          4. [7]Info Share
          5. [8]RADAR and Active Work Review
          6. [9]Continuing Review of HTML/WhatWG issues
          7. [10]TPAC planning
          8. [11]Continuing Review of HTML/WhatWG issues
          9. [12]AOB?
      * [13]Summary of Action Items
      * [14]Summary of Resolutions
      __________________________________________________________

    trackbot, prepare teleconference

    <agendabot> clear agenda

    <scribe> ScribeNick: addison

Agenda and Minutes

Action Items

    [15]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

      [15] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

    action-814?

    <trackbot> action-814 -- Atsushi Shimono to Create new issue
    against whatwg cloning html:1011 (our 396) -- due 2019-07-18 --
    OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [16]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/814

      [16] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/814

    close action-814

    <trackbot> Closed action-814.

    action-817?

    <trackbot> action-817 -- Addison Phillips to Respond to the
    plain unicode string thread seeking more clarification -- due
    2019-08-08 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [17]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/817

      [17] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/817

    close action-817

    <trackbot> Closed action-817.

RADAR and Active Work Review

Info Share

    <r12a> African scripts research

    <r12a> [18]https://r12a.github.io/pickers/adlm/

      [18] https://r12a.github.io/pickers/adlm/

    <r12a> [19]https://r12a.github.io/scripts/adlam/

      [19] https://r12a.github.io/scripts/adlam/

    <r12a>
    [20]https://r12a.github.io/app-charuse/?language=fuf-adlm

      [20] https://r12a.github.io/app-charuse/?language=fuf-adlm

    <r12a> [21]https://r12a.github.io/pickers/latn-afr/

      [21] https://r12a.github.io/pickers/latn-afr/

    richard: african scripts, research is what I've been doing for
    geek week

    <r12a> [22]https://r12a.github.io/pickers/ajami/

      [22] https://r12a.github.io/pickers/ajami/

    <r12a> [23]https://r12a.github.io/pickers/bass/

      [23] https://r12a.github.io/pickers/bass/

    richard: the links are the new stuff
    ... a new picker for adlam
    ... although stopped calling them pickers
    ... now call "character apps"
    ... because you can do a lot more than pick characters
    ... also a summary of the adlam script
    ... some character usage as well
    ... some changes to support supplementary characters (blushes)
    ... created a pan-African picker (for Latin script languages)
    ... working on similar for Arabic script
    ... Bassah Vah picker
    ... working with various folks, getting feedback and info

RADAR and Active Work Review

    [24]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/projects/1

      [24] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/projects/1

Continuing Review of HTML/WhatWG issues

TPAC planning

    richard: could discuss email in html
    ... the other is ruby
    ... after geek week contact fantasai and florian
    ... and talk to japanese folks
    ... maybe at tpac good to discuss what's next

    <scribe> ACTION: addison: set up tpac2019 agenda wiki

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-818 - Set up tpac2019 agenda wiki [on
    Addison Phillips - due 2019-08-15].

    addison: need to replay ruby arguments with whatwg?

    richard: need to sync with japanese folks first, might not even
    talk to whatwg at tpac (not ready)

    addison: how contentious?
    ... anyone we need to invite?

Continuing Review of HTML/WhatWG issues

    [25]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2019J
    ul/0002.html

      [25] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2019Jul/0002.html

    [26]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/570

      [26] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/570

    richard: raised against html
    ... can close?

    addison: close?

    richard: yes

    RESOLUTION: close 570

    atsushi: do we need to check diff between html and whatwg?

AOB?

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: addison: set up tpac2019 agenda wiki

Summary of Resolutions

     1. [27]close 570

    [End of minutes]
Received on Thursday, 8 August 2019 18:06:15 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 22:41:15 UTC