W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-international@w3.org > July to September 2019

[minutes] Internationalization telecon 2019-08-01

From: r12a <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2019 17:00:10 +0100
To: www International <www-international@w3.org>
Message-ID: <14369152-d765-1da5-2720-ae6ad12cf8df@w3.org>
https://www.w3.org/2019/08/01-i18n-minutes.html







text extract follows:


- DRAFT -

            Internationalization Working Group Teleconference

01 Aug 2019

    [2]Agenda

       [2] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2019Jul/0011.html

Attendees

    Present
           addison, JcK, xfq, atsushi, Richard, Bert, David

    Regrets

    Chair
           Addison Phillips

    Scribe
           addison

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]Agenda and Minutes
          2. [5]Action Items
          3. [6]Info Share
          4. [7]RADAR and Active Work Review
          5. [8]css issue 4154
          6. [9]plain unicode string
          7. [10]Continuing Review of HTML/WhatWG issues
          8. [11]AOB?
      * [12]Summary of Action Items
      * [13]Summary of Resolutions
      __________________________________________________________

    trackbot, prepare teleconference

    <agendabot> clear agenda

    <scribe> ScribeNick: addison

    <atsushi> I could join but without mic for today.

Agenda and Minutes

Action Items

    [14]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

      [14] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

    action-812?

    <trackbot> action-812 -- Richard Ishida to Investigate
    situation for accesskey including wording and tests and report
    back -- due 2019-07-25 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [15]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/812

      [15] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/812

    close action-812

    <trackbot> Closed action-812.

    <atsushi> no progress on action 814

    action-815?

    <trackbot> action-815 -- Richard Ishida to Publish tips for
    linking to headings and figures for wide review -- due
    2019-08-01 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [16]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/815

      [16] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/815

    close action-815

    <trackbot> Closed action-815.

    action-816?

    <trackbot> action-816 -- Richard Ishida to Raise issue 157 with
    whatwg as a question -- due 2019-08-01 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [17]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/816

      [17] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/816

    [18]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/157

      [18] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/157

    close action-816

    <trackbot> Closed action-816.

Info Share

    <r12a>
    [19]http://w3c.github.io/i18n-drafts/questions/qa-reference-lin
    ks.en

      [19] http://w3c.github.io/i18n-drafts/questions/qa-reference-links.en

    richard: this article is out for wide review
    ... give it some love

    <r12a> Hausa:
    [20]https://twitter.com/r12a/status/1155721582448381952

      [20] https://twitter.com/r12a/status/1155721582448381952

    richard: investigated hausa, the west african script
    ... next week is geek week @ w3c
    ... looking at adlam and yoruba
    ... and maybe cham (from SE asia)
    ... anyone have a favorite script?

RADAR and Active Work Review

    [21]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/projects/1

      [21] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/projects/1

    [22]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2019A
    ug/0000.html

      [22] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2019Aug/0000.html

    [23]https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4154

      [23] https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4154

    <atsushi> first one is an issue in csswg, which was initiated
    from other discussion (forgot number, although), latter two are
    from action items

css issue 4154

    richard: (sets scene)

    RESOLUTION: endorse richard's comments on css 4154

plain unicode string

    [24]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/157

      [24] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/157

    richard: wanted to ask a question
    ... "just an opaque identifer"

    addison: recommend they just say "string"?

    richard: what *sort* of string? byte string, escapes, etc.

    addison: probably they mean DOMString
    ... status of escapes the key thing
    ... comment too specific? can't tell what's happening

    <scribe> ACTION: addison: respond to the plain unicode string
    thread seeking more clarification

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-817 - Respond to the plain unicode
    string thread seeking more clarification [on Addison Phillips -
    due 2019-08-08].

Continuing Review of HTML/WhatWG issues

    [25]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/721

      [25] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/721

    richard: just editorial stuff

    [26]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&
    q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3Apending+label%3Ahtml

      [26] 
https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues?utf8=✓&q=is:issue+is:open+label:pending+label:html

    [27]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/688

      [27] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/688

    [28]https://html.spec.whatwg.org/multipage/semantics.html#meta-
    application-name

      [28] 
https://html.spec.whatwg.org/multipage/semantics.html#meta-application-name

    RESOLUTION: submit issue 688 to whatwg

    [29]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/607

      [29] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/607

    [30]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/507

      [30] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/507

    remove pending: already filed

AOB?

    <atsushi> (I'd personally want to be less positive on eai email
    address on web... considering lack of things than inda.)

    <atsushi> just fyi, i will be at web community event for 30(?)
    min presentation around end of this month,
    [31]https://meganefes2019.megane.in/, and plan to mention about
    i18n work at W3C

      [31] https://meganefes2019.megane.in/,

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: addison: respond to the plain unicode string
    thread seeking more clarification

Summary of Resolutions

     1. [32]endorse richard's comments on css 4154
     2. [33]submit issue 688 to whatwg

    [End of minutes]
Received on Thursday, 1 August 2019 16:00:18 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 22:41:15 UTC