W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-international@w3.org > July to September 2019

[minutes] Internationalization telecon 2019-07-11

From: r12a <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2019 16:09:39 +0100
To: www International <www-international@w3.org>
Message-ID: <bd26a540-e30d-29d7-469f-344b0d2411fd@w3.org>
https://www.w3.org/2019/07/11-i18n-minutes.html






text version:



  - DRAFT -

            Internationalization Working Group Teleconference

11 Jul 2019

    [2]Agenda

       [2] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2019Jul/0003.html

Attendees

    Present
           addison, atsushi, r12a, Bert, JcK

    Regrets

    Chair
           Addison Phillips

    Scribe
           addison

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]Agenda and Minutes
          2. [5]Action Items
          3. [6]Info Share
          4. [7]RADAR and Active Work Review
          5. [8]Review of HTML/WhatWG issues
          6. [9]AOB?
      * [10]Summary of Action Items
      * [11]Summary of Resolutions
      __________________________________________________________

    trackbot, prepare teleconference

    <agendabot> clear agenda

    <scribe> ScribeNick: addison

Agenda and Minutes

Action Items

    action-803?

    <trackbot> action-803 -- Richard Ishida to Suggest some wording
    to unicode around zwsp and stretching -- due 2019-05-23 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [12]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/803

      [12] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/803

    close action-803

    <trackbot> Closed action-803.

    action-804?

    <trackbot> action-804 -- Richard Ishida to Examine our issue 96
    and css 3754 and ensure we can close or reopen if necessary --
    due 2019-05-23 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [13]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/804

      [13] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/804

    action-808?

    <trackbot> action-808 -- Atsushi Shimono to Research the 6
    close suggested issues vs. the whatwg specification -- due
    2019-06-06 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [14]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/808

      [14] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/808

    close action-808

    <trackbot> Closed action-808.

    action-809?

    <trackbot> action-809 -- Atsushi Shimono to Please research the
    "needs review" issues in the linked email vs. the whatwg
    specification -- due 2019-06-20 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [15]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/809

      [15] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/809

    close action-809

    <trackbot> Closed action-809.

    action-812?

    <trackbot> action-812 -- Richard Ishida to Investigate
    situation for accesskey including wording and tests and report
    back -- due 2019-07-25 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [16]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/812

      [16] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/812

    working on it

Info Share

    richard: i18n wg/ig have been rechartered for two years
    ... no need to re-join

    <scribe> ... dropped Encoding as a deliverable

    UNKNOWN_SPEAKER: as whatwg will do
    ... other thing is that we own ITS specs
    ... hopefully no work to do

    richard: ITS IG has been closed
    ... the email list is still alive
    ... but under our auspices

    <r12a> [17]https://www.w3.org/International/

      [17] https://www.w3.org/International/

    richard: did some tidying up
    ... did a little bit more
    ... hopefully you'll think it's an improvement

    <r12a> [18]https://twitter.com/r12a

      [18] https://twitter.com/r12a

    richard: working on my pickers
    ... see twitter feed announce

    <scribe> ... new feature "analyse text"

RADAR and Active Work Review

    [19]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/projects/1

      [19] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/projects/1

Review of HTML/WhatWG issues

    [20]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2019J
    ul/0002.html

      [20] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2019Jul/0002.html

    <atsushi>
    [21]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2019J
    un/0011.html

      [21] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2019Jun/0011.html

    <r12a> Use of modifier keys for accesskey

    <r12a> [22]https://github.com/w3c/html/issues/1012

      [22] https://github.com/w3c/html/issues/1012

    <r12a> Normalization and accesskey

    <r12a> [23]https://github.com/w3c/html/issues/1023

      [23] https://github.com/w3c/html/issues/1023

    <r12a> Why reduce accesskey values to a single code point?

    <r12a> [24]https://github.com/w3c/html/issues/1022

      [24] https://github.com/w3c/html/issues/1022

    <r12a> Remove the use of printable character from accessKey
    attribute

    <r12a> [25]https://github.com/w3c/html/issues/485

      [25] https://github.com/w3c/html/issues/485

    [26]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/481

      [26] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/481

    [27]https://github.com/w3c/html/issues/1023

      [27] https://github.com/w3c/html/issues/1023

    RESOLUTION: close 481, open a new issue against whatwg if
    needed

    RESOLUTION: close 159

    [28]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/482

      [28] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/482

    [29]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/158

      [29] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/158

    RESOLUTION: close 482, keep as reference material

    RESOLUTION: close 158

    [30]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/418

      [30] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/418

    [31]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/417

      [31] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/417

    418 replicated by
    [32]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/607

      [32] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/607

    <scribe> ACTION: richard: update and submit 607 to whatwg
    (email addresses)

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-813 - Update and submit 607 to whatwg
    (email addresses) [on Richard Ishida - due 2019-07-18].

    RESOLUTION: close 418, replace with action-813 as appropriate

    need to break 607 up into a list of things that need tracking

    RESOLVE: 417 in favor of 607

    RESOLUTION: close 417 in favor of 607

    [33]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/206

      [33] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/206

    atsushi: whatwg fixed

    RESOLUTION: close 206 and 121 as fixed (yay!)

    [34]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/396

      [34] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/396

    <atsushi>
    [35]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2019J
    ul/0002.html

      [35] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2019Jul/0002.html

    [36]https://github.com/w3c/html/issues/1011

      [36] https://github.com/w3c/html/issues/1011

    <scribe> ACTION: atsushi: create new issue against whatwg
    cloning html:1011 (our 396)

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-814 - Create new issue against whatwg
    cloning html:1011 (our 396) [on Atsushi Shimono - due
    2019-07-18].

    [37]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/236

      [37] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/236

    <atsushi> [38]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/220

      [38] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/220

    <atsushi> [39]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/570

      [39] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/570

    richard: 220 is already against whatwg
    ... still open
    ... not conclusive. leave as is
    ... need folks like florian, et al

    keep 220 and 570 for now. work on case for updating whatwg by
    TPAC

    [40]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/197

      [40] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/197

    RESOLUTION: close 197

    [41]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/124

      [41] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/124

    [42]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/571 is whatwg

      [42] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/571

    RESOLUTION: close 124 in deference to 571

    [43]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/472

      [43] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/472

    richard: currently open with whatwg

    [44]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/416

      [44] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/416

    atsushi to update list and check for whatwg issues

AOB?

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: atsushi: create new issue against whatwg cloning
    html:1011 (our 396)
    [NEW] ACTION: richard: update and submit 607 to whatwg (email
    addresses)

Summary of Resolutions

     1. [45]close 481, open a new issue against whatwg if needed
     2. [46]close 159
     3. [47]close 482, keep as reference material
     4. [48]close 158
     5. [49]close 418, replace with action-813 as appropriate
     6. [50]close 417 in favor of 607
     7. [51]close 206 and 121 as fixed (yay!)
     8. [52]close 197
     9. [53]close 124 in deference to 571

    [End of minutes]
Received on Thursday, 11 July 2019 15:09:43 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 22:41:15 UTC