W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-international@w3.org > July to September 2018

[minutes] Internationalization telecon 2018-09-06

From: r12a <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2018 17:22:03 +0100
To: www International <www-international@w3.org>
Message-ID: <791712ec-e101-5b51-8bd7-97c79fc3efd9@w3.org>
https://www.w3.org/2018/09/06-i18n-minutes.html






text version follows:



- DRAFT -

            Internationalization Working Group Teleconference

06 Sep 2018

    [2]Agenda

       [2] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2018Sep/0000.html

Attendees

    Present
           David, addison, r12a, stpeter, xfq, JcK

    Regrets

    Chair
           Addison Phillips

    Scribe
           addison

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]Agenda and Minutes
          2. [5]Action Items
          3. [6]Info Share
          4. [7]RADAR and Active Work Review
          5. [8]input-events comments
          6. [9]best practices for web forms
          7. [10]String-Meta
          8. [11]AOB?
      * [12]Summary of Action Items
      * [13]Summary of Resolutions
      __________________________________________________________

    <agendabot> clear agenda

    trackbot, prepare teleconference

    <scribe> ScribeNick: addison

Agenda and Minutes

Action Items

    [14]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

      [14] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

    action-725?

    <trackbot> action-725 -- Richard Ishida to Raise profile of
    whatwg thread on autocomplete/autocapitalize -- due 2018-06-07
    -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [15]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/725

      [15] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/725

    close action-725

    <trackbot> Closed action-725.

    action-742?

    <trackbot> action-742 -- Richard Ishida to Look at merging
    specdev definitions with definitions-characters article -- due
    2018-08-09 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [16]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/742

      [16] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/742

    close action-742

    <trackbot> Closed action-742.

    action-749?

    <trackbot> action-749 -- Richard Ishida to Review input-events
    issue 70 -- due 2018-08-30 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [17]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/749

      [17] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/749

    richard: raised an issue about bidi. some labels about text
    direciton with no description.
    ... don't have to worry about bidi
    ... because about key presses
    ... spec direction of text via a control, such as right click
    context menu to set writing direction to rtl etc.

    close action-749

    <trackbot> Closed action-749.

    action-751?

    <trackbot> action-751 -- Richard Ishida to Publish updated
    article definitions-characters -- due 2018-09-06 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [18]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/751

      [18] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/751

    close action-751

    <trackbot> Closed action-751.

Info Share

    addison: unicode conference next week, no telecon

    <r12a> [19]http://w3c.github.io/i18n-activity/reviews/

      [19] http://w3c.github.io/i18n-activity/reviews/

    richard: you all know that we have a tracker for review
    comments
    ... in the past you'd click on it and be taken to tracker issue
    ... and then find link in it to get to the actual issue
    ... now when you click on the issue you go directly to the
    issue
    ... same applies to layout tracker

    <r12a> [20]http://w3c.github.io/i18n-activity/textlayout/

      [20] http://w3c.github.io/i18n-activity/textlayout/

    richard: in the process of converting sort keys so you can
    filter by group rather than language
    ... started a new jlreq tf
    ... the former one is dead, long live the new one
    ... some subscribers
    ... going to manga workshop in 1.5 weeks
    ... hopefully get a lot more participants
    ... also set up mongolian layout tf
    ... now definitely set up
    ... some edits of doc

    <r12a>
    [21]https://www.w3.org/International/articles/definitions-chara
    cters/#characters

      [21] 
https://www.w3.org/International/articles/definitions-characters/#characters

    richard: saw we published update to character encoding
    essential concepts
    ... thanks to fuqiao, adding file to some repos
    ... if there is a PR
    ... gets links attached automatically to allow seeing document
    instead of diff

    <xfq> Example: [22]https://github.com/w3c/clreq/pull/186

      [22] https://github.com/w3c/clreq/pull/186

RADAR and Active Work Review

    <xfq> there's a "Preview | Diff"

    [23]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

      [23] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

    [24]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/projects/1

      [24] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/projects/1

    [25]http://w3c.github.io/i18n-activity/projects/

      [25] http://w3c.github.io/i18n-activity/projects/

    [26]https://github.com/w3c/payment-request/issues/608#issuecomm
    ent-414716134

      [26] 
https://github.com/w3c/payment-request/issues/608#issuecomment-414716134

    <r12a>
    [27]https://www.w3.org/International/articles/definitions-chara
    cters/#characters

      [27] 
https://www.w3.org/International/articles/definitions-characters/#characters

    richard: designing forms section has not much in it

    <r12a>
    [28]https://www.w3.org/International/techniques/developing-spec
    s.en?open=locale

      [28] 
https://www.w3.org/International/techniques/developing-specs.en?open=locale

    <r12a>
    [29]https://www.w3.org/International/techniques/authoring-html

      [29] https://www.w3.org/International/techniques/authoring-html

    stpeter: trying to programmatically determine how to design
    address input forms

    <r12a>
    [30]https://www.w3.org/International/techniques/authoring-html.
    en?open=style

      [30] 
https://www.w3.org/International/techniques/authoring-html.en?open=style

    addison: some kind of early interaction?

    peter: yes, can poke right people

    <scribe> ACTION: stpeter: draft email to payments asking about
    early interaction

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-753 - Draft email to payments asking
    about early interaction [on Peter Saint-Andre - due
    2018-09-13].

    stpeter: a lot of this work is experimental

input-events comments

    [31]http://w3c.github.io/i18n-activity/reviews/#input-events

      [31] http://w3c.github.io/i18n-activity/reviews/#input-events

    [32]https://github.com/w3c/input-events/issues/70

      [32] https://github.com/w3c/input-events/issues/70

    <r12a> [33]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/350

      [33] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/350

    addison: did you look back at spec? they have stuff about
    selecting text where it might be useful to have a space for
    capturing direction

    close 351

    <r12a> close 350, unless there's some additional thing to do
    wrt selection

    [34]https://github.com/w3c/input-events/issues/73

      [34] https://github.com/w3c/input-events/issues/73

    needs more commentary since 'character' defined as EGC

    [35]https://github.com/w3c/input-events/issues/72

      [35] https://github.com/w3c/input-events/issues/72

    addison: suggest we close

    [36]https://github.com/w3c/input-events/issues/71

      [36] https://github.com/w3c/input-events/issues/71

    close?

    with exception of character definition, we'll close all of
    these

best practices for web forms

String-Meta

    [37]https://w3c.github.io/string-meta/#

      [37] https://w3c.github.io/string-meta/

    <r12a> [38]https://w3c.github.io/string-meta/#metadata

      [38] https://w3c.github.io/string-meta/#metadata

    <scribe> ACTION: richard: make section 3.2.2.x clearer in
    string-meta

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-754 - Make section 3.2.2.x clearer in
    string-meta [on Richard Ishida - due 2018-09-13].

AOB?

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: richard: make section 3.2.2.x clearer in
    string-meta
    [NEW] ACTION: stpeter: draft email to payments asking about
    early interaction

Summary of Resolutions

    [End of minutes]
Received on Thursday, 6 September 2018 16:22:06 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 22:41:13 UTC