[minutes] Internationalization telecon 2017-03-29


text extract follows:

  – DRAFT –
            Internationalization Working Group Teleconference

29 March 2018

    [2]IRC log

       [2] https://www.w3.org/2018/03/29-i18n-irc


           addison, Bert, David, JcK, richard, xfq


           Addison Phillips



      * [3]Meeting Minutes
          1. [4]Minutes
          2. [5]Agenda
          3. [6]Action Items
          4. [7]Info Share
          5. [8]Radar
          6. [9]TPAC initial planning
          7. [10]Charmod wide review
          8. [11]HTML title element https://github.com/w3c/html/
          9. [12]AOB?
      * [13]Summary of Action Items

Meeting Minutes


    (discussion of the new minute format)


Action Items


      [14] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open


    <trackbot> action-704 -- Addison Phillips to Write to imsc and
    suggest the terms 'widely accepted' or 'widely supported'
    instead of 'safe' -- due 2018-03-29 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [15]http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/

      [15] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/704

    addison: they accepted it, but chose to use 'common' instead of
    'widely accepted', etc.
    … are we satisfied with common?


      [16] https://github.com/w3c/imsc/issues/236




    close action-704

    <trackbot> Closed action-704.

    will tell them we're satisfied

Info Share

    richard: india international program
    … the TF that is developing gap analysis
    … and hopefully requirements for indic
    … moving forward
    … have several people in TF

    <r12a> [18]https://github.com/w3c/iip

      [18] https://github.com/w3c/iip

    richard: 2.5 gap analysis docs
    … in repo on github
    … link in IRC links to those docs
    … gujurati is the "half"
    … available as PR but have to induct the editor
    … effectively 3 docs in first draft
    … Devanagari and Gumukhi

    <r12a> Devanagari gap analysis

    <r12a> Gurmukhi gap analysis

    <r12a> Gujarati gap analysis

    richard: been busy looking at line-breaking

    <r12a> [19]http://w3c.github.io/i18n-drafts/articles/

      [19] http://w3c.github.io/i18n-drafts/articles/typography/linebreak.en

    richard: writing tests
    … there's an article, first draft
    … have a look and send comments!
    … some info that I think is correct but would like expert
    … particularly southeast asian scripts with no word separators
    … unicode says breaks on syllables rather than words
    … find someone who can confirm
    … sent a note to a few people

    addison: make some noise about it

    Action: richard: ask unicoRe list about southeast asian line

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-705 - Ask unicore list about
    southeast asian line breaking [on Richard Ishida - due

    richard: talking to people from MDN
    … had a meeting earlier this week
    … proposal to put links to w3c i18n and a11y
    … in MDN pages
    … special section, not "other links"
    … part of the answer to people's question since people ought to
    read the i18n stuff



      [20] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/projects/1

    richard: publised the Encoding updated CR spec on Tuesday

    (sounds of champagne corks popping)


      [21] http://w3c.github.io/i18n-activity/projects/

    richard: talking at Paris Web conference next september

TPAC initial planning

    <r12a> [22]https://www.w3.org/wiki/TPAC/2018

      [22] https://www.w3.org/wiki/TPAC/2018

    location and dates announced

    22-26 October

    richard: need to tell that we're going

    addison: survey yet?

    <xfq> [23]https://www.w3.org/2018/10/TPAC/Overview.html

      [23] https://www.w3.org/2018/10/TPAC/Overview.html

Charmod wide review

    richard: nearly published it this morning
    … want to clarify situation
    … editor's copy says WD
    … still have 11 issues open


      [24] https://github.com/w3c/charmod-norm/


      [25] http://w3c.github.io/charmod-norm/#normative-references

    Action: richard: publish charmod-norm for wide review

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-706 - Publish charmod-norm for wide
    review [on Richard Ishida - due 2018-04-05].

HTML title element [26]https://github.com/w3c/html/issues/1292

      [26] https://github.com/w3c/html/issues/1292

    Action: addison: mention meta idea on html 1292

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-707 - Mention meta idea on html 1292
    [on Addison Phillips - due 2018-04-05].


    richard: did you notice webauthn wants to close one of your

    addison: will look for it

Summary of Action Items

     1. [27]richard: ask unicoRe list about southeast asian line
     2. [28]richard: publish charmod-norm for wide review
     3. [29]addison: mention meta idea on html 1292

Received on Thursday, 29 March 2018 16:35:47 UTC