[minutes] Internationalization telecon 2017-05-18


text version:

Internationalization Working Group Teleconference

18 May 2017



    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2017/05/18-i18n-irc


           Bert, addison, JcK, Steve, David

           Addison Phillips



      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Agenda
          2. [6]Action Items
          3. [7]Info Share
          4. [8]Radar Review
          5. [9]OWL-Time comments
          6. [10]IMSC 1.0.1 review
          7. [11]ODRL
      * [12]Summary of Action Items
      * [13]Summary of Resolutions

    trackbot, prepare teleconference

    <scribe> ScribeNick: addison


Action Items


      [14] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open


    <trackbot> action-552 -- Addison Phillips to Write to json-ld
    about potential for a serialization form for natural language
    strings to address issues with dir and lang -- due 2016-09-29
    -- OPEN


      [15] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/552

    change json-ld to TAG


    <trackbot> action-554 -- Addison Phillips to Work to schedule a
    review of microformats -- due 2017-03-30 -- OPEN


      [16] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/554

    close action-554

    <trackbot> Closed action-554.


    <trackbot> action-612 -- Addison Phillips to Create a bidi/lang
    recommendations document in order to go to tag -- due
    2017-04-27 -- OPEN


      [17] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/612

Info Share

    richard: made change to the raising comments template
    ... now it says "put comment above here" instead of below
    ... send suggestions for improvements

Radar Review


      [18] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/projects/1

    <scribe> ACTION: addison: notify html that we completed 5.2 and
    don't have comments [recorded in

      [19] http://www.w3.org/2017/05/18-i18n-minutes.html#action01

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-619 - Notify html that we completed
    5.2 and don't have comments [on Addison Phillips - due


      [20] http://w3c.github.io/i18n-activity/projects/


      [21] http://w3c.github.io/i18n-activity/reviews/

    lina: regarding the bidi support, move isolation support
    forward. what's implied here?

    richard: that's in html5, the dir attribute isolates now
    ... but not all browsers have implemented
    ... mainly edge
    ... have some tests

    lina: covers creating test cases and helping improve impl?

    richard: and also pushing implementers make the behaivor happen

    lina: need help?

    richard: yes please!



    richard: requirements results above
    ... most issues from Edge
    ... also a problem with Safari/Webkit
    ... they have webkit prefixed values that work, but not the
    standard names
    ... so that css-shim things make it work, but not just the dir
    attribute. have capability, haven't turned on
    ... if there are people from those marketplaces and think
    important, then raise issue

OWL-Time comments

IMSC 1.0.1 review


      [23] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/399

    steve: glyph collisions?


      [24] https://www.w3.org/TR/ttml-imsc1.0.1/#itts-fillLineGap


      [25] https://www.w3.org/TR/ttml-imsc1.0.1/#itts-fillLineGap

    <r12a> [26]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/415

      [26] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/415

    <r12a> [27]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/414

      [27] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/414

    <r12a> [28]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/413

      [28] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/413

    <r12a> discuss with Addison present




    <r12a> [30]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/410

      [30] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/410

    <r12a> some suggestions for builds on the comment - Bert to

    <r12a> [31]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/411

      [31] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/411

    <r12a> raise as individual comment

    <r12a> [32]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/412

      [32] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/412

    <r12a> raise as individual comment

    <Bert> [33]http://www.w3.org/mid/42714835.tlS2jh6AkV@nyx

      [33] http://www.w3.org/mid/42714835.tlS2jh6AkV@nyx

    <r12a> [34]https://w3c.github.io/poe/vocab/#xml-example

      [34] https://w3c.github.io/poe/vocab/#xml-example

    <r12a> Bert to check that monetary and numeric values use a
    standard syntax, rather than allowing culturally variable

    <r12a> meeting adjourned

    <r12a> s/<Lina_Kemmel> sorry please discard//

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: addison: notify html that we completed 5.2 and
    don't have comments [recorded in

      [35] http://www.w3.org/2017/05/18-i18n-minutes.html#action01

Summary of Resolutions

    [End of minutes]

Received on Thursday, 18 May 2017 16:41:56 UTC