W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-international@w3.org > October to December 2016

[minutes] Internationalization telecon 2016-12-08

From: r12a <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2016 15:33:59 +0000
To: www International <www-international@w3.org>
Message-ID: <6233fb40-bca9-d901-b440-afb6b774aa87@w3.org>
https://www.w3.org/2016/12/08-i18n-minutes.html





text version follows:




- DRAFT -

            Internationalization Working Group Teleconference

08 Dec 2016

    [2]Agenda

       [2] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2016Dec/0000.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2016/12/08-i18n-irc

Attendees

    Present
           David, Steve, Addison, felix, r12a, JohnOC

    Regrets
    Chair
           Addison Phillips

    Scribe
           Addison Phillips

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Agenda
          2. [6]Action Items
          3. [7]Info Share
          4. [8]RADAR and Active Work Review
          5. [9]Pending Item Triage
          6. [10]Comment roundup: pending comments for CSS Ruby &
             CSS Text
          7. [11]AOB?
      * [12]Summary of Action Items
      * [13]Summary of Resolutions
      __________________________________________________________

Agenda

Action Items

    [14]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

      [14] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

    action-567?

    <trackbot> action-567 -- Richard Ishida to Figure out how to
    use bikeshed to publish encoding on tr -- due 2016-11-17 --
    OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [15]http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/567

      [15] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/567

    richard: still some problems with pubrules, will contact
    webmaster
    ... wrote a script to produce what I had to do
    ... no fun wrestling with bikeshed

    action-574?

    <trackbot> action-574 -- Richard Ishida to Bundle up css issues
    up into an email for action in next teleconference -- due
    2016-12-08 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [16]http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/574

      [16] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/574

    close action-574

    <trackbot> Closed action-574.

Info Share

    john: did make progress on reviewing screen orientation
    ... went to aws re:invent

    <r12a> finalised and announced new chart page at
    [17]https://r12a.github.io/mongolian-variants/

      [17] https://r12a.github.io/mongolian-variants/

    richard: did a lot of work on mongolian variants charts
    ... meeting in china where stds people from CN went through
    proposals
    ... made a bunch more proposals
    ... document pretty much rewritten
    ... shows ad hoc conclusions and what's on unicode site
    ... also shows current unicode charts
    ... vastly different

    addison: any action?

    <r12a>
    [18]https://r12a.github.io/mongolian-variants/shape-index

      [18] https://r12a.github.io/mongolian-variants/shape-index

RADAR and Active Work Review

    [19]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/projects/1

      [19] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/projects/1

    <scribe> ACTION: addison: write to TTML's WG and ask for more
    time [recorded in
    [20]http://www.w3.org/2016/12/08-i18n-minutes.html#action01]

      [20] http://www.w3.org/2016/12/08-i18n-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-576 - Write to ttml's wg and ask for
    more time [on Addison Phillips - due 2016-12-15].

    <r12a> [21]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/272

      [21] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/272

    richard: closed all cards awaiting comment resolution

    [22]http://w3c.github.io/i18n-activity/projects/

      [22] http://w3c.github.io/i18n-activity/projects/

Pending Item Triage

    [23]http://w3c.github.io/i18n-activity/reviews/

      [23] http://w3c.github.io/i18n-activity/reviews/

Comment roundup: pending comments for CSS Ruby & CSS Text

    richard: if no objections, plan to make into wg comments

    addison: looked at about half

    steven: also looked at some

    addison: no objections; so WG comments?

    <r12a> link for pubsub should be
    [24]https://w3c.github.io/websub/

      [24] https://w3c.github.io/websub/

    addison: so resolved

    <scribe> ACTION: richard: send css-ruby and css-text comments
    to CSS at I18N WG comments [recorded in
    [25]http://www.w3.org/2016/12/08-i18n-minutes.html#action02]

      [25] http://www.w3.org/2016/12/08-i18n-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-577 - Send css-ruby and css-text
    comments to css at i18n wg comments [on Richard Ishida - due
    2016-12-15].

AOB?

    <scribe> Scribe: Addison Phillips

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: addison: write to TTML's WG and ask for more time
    [recorded in
    [26]http://www.w3.org/2016/12/08-i18n-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: richard: send css-ruby and css-text comments to
    CSS at I18N WG comments [recorded in
    [27]http://www.w3.org/2016/12/08-i18n-minutes.html#action02]

      [26] http://www.w3.org/2016/12/08-i18n-minutes.html#action01
      [27] http://www.w3.org/2016/12/08-i18n-minutes.html#action02

Summary of Resolutions

    [End of minutes]
Received on Tuesday, 13 December 2016 15:34:13 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 22:41:11 UTC