W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-international@w3.org > October to December 2016

[minutes] Internationalization telecon 2016-11-10

From: r12a <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 13:37:16 +0000
To: www International <www-international@w3.org>
Message-ID: <ff67f82a-241e-6104-262d-82bb646fb0a4@w3.org>
https://www.w3.org/2016/11/10-i18n-minutes.html





text version follows:



  Internationalization Working Group Teleconference

10 Nov 2016

    [2]Agenda

       [2] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2016Nov/0001.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2016/11/10-i18n-irc

Attendees

    Present
           JcK, Addison, Richard, joconner, Koji

    Regrets
           Steve, Felix

    Chair
           Addison Phillips

    Scribe
           Addison Phillips

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Action Items
          2. [6]Info Share
          3. [7]Review Radar
          4. [8]Closing Comments
          5. [9]Najib's comment
          6. [10]AOB?
      * [11]Summary of Action Items
      * [12]Summary of Resolutions
      __________________________________________________________

Action Items

    action-560?

    <trackbot> action-560 -- Richard Ishida to Establish a process
    for auto-publishing updates to encoding on a regular basis --
    due 2016-10-06 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [13]http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/560

      [13] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/560

    richard: sent some email to addison, list of things have to
    happen
    ... anne sent a note saying his bikeshedding doc
    ... action should be done
    ... Encoding update published today

    close action-560

    <trackbot> Closed action-560.

    <aaronpk> r12a: Loqi's a bot, the message in IRC is the message
    I left you :)

    <aaronpk> This is the issue
    [14]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/183

      [14] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/183

    <scribe> ACTION: richard: figure out how to use bikeshed to
    publish encoding on TR [recorded in
    [15]http://www.w3.org/2016/11/10-i18n-minutes.html#action01]

      [15] http://www.w3.org/2016/11/10-i18n-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-567 - Figure out how to use bikeshed
    to publish encoding on tr [on Richard Ishida - due 2016-11-17].

    close action-565

    <trackbot> Closed action-565.

Info Share

    richard: Encoding published

    <r12a>
    [16]https://www.w3.org/International/tests/repo/results/css-tex
    t-shaping.en.html

      [16] 
https://www.w3.org/International/tests/repo/results/css-text-shaping.en.html

    richard: a link to a set of potentially useful tests
    ... look at cursive joining in arabic across elements such as
    span
    ... could be useful reference from time to time

    addison: cool---some browsers work

    [17]http://rtl.wtf

      [17] http://rtl.wtf/

    <Loqi> Welcome to online directionality flipping

Review Radar

    [18]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/projects/1

      [18] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/projects/1

    <scribe> ACTION: addison: write to Liam and ask about the
    changes in QT 3.1 so that we can do a targetted review
    [recorded in
    [19]http://www.w3.org/2016/11/10-i18n-minutes.html#action02]

      [19] http://www.w3.org/2016/11/10-i18n-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-568 - Write to liam and ask about the
    changes in qt 3.1 so that we can do a targetted review [on
    Addison Phillips - due 2016-11-17].

Closing Comments

    [20]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2016N
    ov/0004.html

      [20] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2016Nov/0004.html

    [21]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/198

      [21] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/198

    close

    [22]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/199

   https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/199

    + The properties of external resources, such as Bodies and
    Targets, included in the Annotation document are intended as
    hints to the client, and are not to be considered authoritative
    information. This includes properties such as the created time,
    the creating agent, the modification time, any rights
    assertions, format, language or text direction of the external
    resource.

    close

    [23]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/201

      [23] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/201

    close

    [24]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/202

      [24] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/202

    wontfix is good. close

    • ed sugg: textDirection #348
    [25]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/204

      [25] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/204

    close

    [26]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/203

      [26] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/203

    close

    [27]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/233

      [27] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/233

    close

    [28]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/225

      [28] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/225

    close

    [29]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/226

      [29] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/226

    close

    [30]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/227

      [30] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/227

    close

    [31]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/182

      [31] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/182

    close

    [32]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/181

      [32] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/181

    close

    [33]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/183

      [33] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/183

    relative unhappiness although willing to close

    <scribe> ACTION: addison: respond to issue 183 on micropub
    assenting to closing the issue but noting our relative
    dissatisfaction [recorded in
    [34]http://www.w3.org/2016/11/10-i18n-minutes.html#action03]

      [34] http://www.w3.org/2016/11/10-i18n-minutes.html#action03]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-569 - Respond to issue 183 on
    micropub assenting to closing the issue but noting our relative
    dissatisfaction [on Addison Phillips - due 2016-11-17].

    [35]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/176

      [35] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/176

    richard: a couple ed nits left but we can close

    close

    [36]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/184

      [36] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/184

    close

    [37]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/178

      [37] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/178

    close

    [38]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/177

      [38] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/177

    close

    <scribe> ACTION: richard: close all minuted issues and notify
    the owning working group of our satisfaction [recorded in
    [39]http://www.w3.org/2016/11/10-i18n-minutes.html#action04]

      [39] http://www.w3.org/2016/11/10-i18n-minutes.html#action04]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-570 - Close all minuted issues and
    notify the owning working group of our satisfaction [on Richard
    Ishida - due 2016-11-17].

    <koji> [40]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/24

      [40] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/24

    <koji> Chrome issue
    [41]https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=54440
    2#c11

      [41] https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=544402#c11

    <scribe> ACTION: richard: follow up on I18N issue 24 and see
    that an issue is raised on the font in question [recorded in
    [42]http://www.w3.org/2016/11/10-i18n-minutes.html#action05]

      [42] http://www.w3.org/2016/11/10-i18n-minutes.html#action05]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-571 - Follow up on i18n issue 24 and
    see that an issue is raised on the font in question [on Richard
    Ishida - due 2016-11-17].

Najib's comment

    [43]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/246#issuecommen
    t-259119169

      [43] 
https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/246#issuecomment-259119169

    issue about joining across spans

    scribe: najib talking about how ZWJ works

    richard: i18n-discuss
    ... ?

    koji: shaping across elements is a hot topic

    richard: want to move

    <scribe> ACTION: richard: move najib's comment to an
    appropriate location for further discussion [recorded in
    [44]http://www.w3.org/2016/11/10-i18n-minutes.html#action06]

      [44] http://www.w3.org/2016/11/10-i18n-minutes.html#action06]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-572 - Move najib's comment to an
    appropriate location for further discussion [on Richard Ishida
    - due 2016-11-17].

AOB?

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: addison: respond to issue 183 on micropub
    assenting to closing the issue but noting our relative
    dissatisfaction [recorded in
    [45]http://www.w3.org/2016/11/10-i18n-minutes.html#action03]
    [NEW] ACTION: addison: write to Liam and ask about the changes
    in QT 3.1 so that we can do a targetted review [recorded in
    [46]http://www.w3.org/2016/11/10-i18n-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: richard: close all minuted issues and notify the
    owning working group of our satisfaction [recorded in
    [47]http://www.w3.org/2016/11/10-i18n-minutes.html#action04]
    [NEW] ACTION: richard: figure out how to use bikeshed to
    publish encoding on TR [recorded in
    [48]http://www.w3.org/2016/11/10-i18n-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: richard: follow up on I18N issue 24 and see that
    an issue is raised on the font in question [recorded in
    [49]http://www.w3.org/2016/11/10-i18n-minutes.html#action05]
    [NEW] ACTION: richard: move najib's comment to an appropriate
    location for further discussion [recorded in
    [50]http://www.w3.org/2016/11/10-i18n-minutes.html#action06]

      [45] http://www.w3.org/2016/11/10-i18n-minutes.html#action03
      [46] http://www.w3.org/2016/11/10-i18n-minutes.html#action02
      [47] http://www.w3.org/2016/11/10-i18n-minutes.html#action04
      [48] http://www.w3.org/2016/11/10-i18n-minutes.html#action01
      [49] http://www.w3.org/2016/11/10-i18n-minutes.html#action05
      [50] http://www.w3.org/2016/11/10-i18n-minutes.html#action06

Summary of Resolutions

    [End of minutes]
Received on Monday, 14 November 2016 13:37:31 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 22:41:11 UTC