Requesting i18n review of Remote Playback API

From: Francois Daoust <fd@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2016 12:32:16 +0100
To: <www-international@w3.org>
Hello i18n group,

The Second Screen Working Group would like to solicit an i18n review of the Remote Playback API:

  https://w3c.github.io/remote-playback/

The Remote Playback API allows a Web application to request remote playback of a media element to a second screen. Although the API is different, the Remote Playback API reuses concepts and design considerations of the Presentation API, which you reviewed some time ago and which did not major i18n issues. The Remote Playback API is probably similar. I noted a couple of i18n related notes that could perhaps be added to the Remote Playback API on our side:

  https://github.com/w3c/remote-playback/issues/66

Work on the specification is not over but the API surface should not change much from now on.

We would appreciate if you can complete the review by the end of 2016 if possible.

The Second Screen WG will use issues flagged with an "i18n" label on its issue tracker. Feel free to create such issues there as needed:

  https://github.com/w3c/remote-playback/issues

Thanks,
Francois, Second Screen WG staff contact