W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-international@w3.org > October to December 2016

[minutes] Internationalization telecon 2016-10-27

From: r12a <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2016 13:04:17 +0100
To: www International <www-international@w3.org>
Message-ID: <5ac68bfc-57ac-9479-2c4f-27feea450f40@w3.org>
https://www.w3.org/2016/10/27-i18n-minutes.html



text version follows:


Internationalization Working Group Teleconference

27 Oct 2016

    [2]Agenda

       [2] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2016Oct/0032.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2016/10/27-i18n-irc

Attendees

    Present
           addison, David, Steven, Richard, JcK

    Regrets
           Felix

    Chair
           Addison Phillips

    Scribe
           Addison Phillips

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Agenda
          2. [6]Action Items
          3. [7]Info Share
          4. [8]Radar
          5. [9]What time is this meeting at?
          6. [10]closured on annotation issues
          7. [11]Encoding support for GB18030
          8. [12]Language Detection
          9. [13]AOB?
      * [14]Summary of Action Items
      * [15]Summary of Resolutions
      __________________________________________________________

Agenda

Action Items

    [16]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

      [16] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

    action-499?

    <trackbot> action-499 -- David Clarke to Review geofencing fpwd
    -- due 2016-03-24 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [17]http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/499

      [17] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/499

    david: not going to get to it, up to eyeballs

    close action-499

    <trackbot> Closed action-499.

    action-555?

    <trackbot> action-555 -- Addison Phillips to Provide
    implementer guidelines for how to obtain language from runtime
    environment, users, et al -- due 2016-09-29 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [18]http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/555

      [18] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/555

    close action-555

    <trackbot> Closed action-555.

    action-560?

    <trackbot> action-560 -- Richard Ishida to Establish a process
    for auto-publishing updates to encoding on a regular basis --
    due 2016-10-06 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [19]http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/560

      [19] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/560

    richard: coming along
    ... need a transreq
    ... if we get in soon, pub by 10 nov

    action-564?

    <trackbot> action-564 -- Addison Phillips to Provide csarven
    and ldn with text about language negotiation -- due 2016-10-20
    -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [20]http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/564

      [20] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/564

    close action-564

    <trackbot> Closed action-564.

Info Share

    addison: next week is IUC40, propose no call
    ... will present including status from this WG

Radar

    <r12a> [21]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/projects/1

      [21] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/projects/1

    [22]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-international/2016
    OctDec/0045.html

      [22] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-international/2016OctDec/0045.html

    richard: need to review UIevents first
    ... created a label

    addison: I created two
    ... just use the one?
    ... just use uievents

    richard: xiaoqian's email wanted like a month
    ... explained that we need more
    ... thing pushing this is a WAI doc
    ... want normative link
    ... going to REC in April
    ... so have some time
    ... dug up some stuff, pointed to last time we commented
    ... but they may not be valuable
    ... from 2010
    ... a few years before dealt with kbds...

What time is this meeting at?

    do we want the same wall time or follow UTC

    david: prefer same wall time

    addison: prefer that too

    <David> Keep wall time if possible

    steve: +1

    jck: prefer utc but okay with wall time

closure on annotation issues

    [23]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/labels/annotation-mode
    l

      [23] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/labels/annotation-model

    richard: want to know if we can meet tomorrow or 11 november

    [24]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/204

      [24] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/204

    [25]https://github.com/w3c/web-annotation/issues/348

      [25] https://github.com/w3c/web-annotation/issues/348

    <scribe> ACTION: addison: remind WG to review annotation-model
    issues for teleconference of 10 november and reply to their WG
    for a call on 11 november [recorded in
    [26]http://www.w3.org/2016/10/27-i18n-minutes.html#action01]

      [26] http://www.w3.org/2016/10/27-i18n-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-565 - Remind wg to review
    annotation-model issues for teleconference of 10 november and
    reply to their wg for a call on 11 november [on Addison
    Phillips - due 2016-11-03].

Encoding support for GB18030

    [27]https://bugs.webkit.org/show_bug.cgi?id=159891

      [27] https://bugs.webkit.org/show_bug.cgi?id=159891

    [28]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2016O
    ct/0042.html

      [28] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2016Oct/0042.html

    richard: sent bug reports to the various browsers
    ... "here are your issues"
    ... one was to safari
    ... was picked up by Myles Maxfield
    ... another webkit person said the issue arises because they do
    NFC on text
    ... example in comment 8
    ... don't think you should be normalizing this
    ... only safari has this problem, large number of characters
    have this in this encoding

    addison: but compatiiblity equiv isn't NFC??

    richard: was going to say "may do NFC on certain bits of text,
    but when encoding, shouldn't"
    ... also example is a compat equiv
    ... suppose I listed both characters in a document
    ... on safari you get the same character
    ... goes back to charmod-norm

    steve: different on ios?

    richard: could try
    ... try replying one more time

Language Detection

    [29]https://www.w3.org/International/wiki/LanguageDetection

      [29] https://www.w3.org/International/wiki/LanguageDetection

    <scribe> ACTION: Addison: move language detection to
    i18n-discuss for further development and so that we can use
    issues [recorded in
    [30]http://www.w3.org/2016/10/27-i18n-minutes.html#action02]

      [30] http://www.w3.org/2016/10/27-i18n-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-566 - Move language detection to
    i18n-discuss for further development and so that we can use
    issues [on Addison Phillips - due 2016-11-03].

    <r12a>
    [31]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-discuss/tree/gh-pages/notes

      [31] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-discuss/tree/gh-pages/notes

AOB?

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: Addison: move language detection to i18n-discuss
    for further development and so that we can use issues [recorded
    in [32]http://www.w3.org/2016/10/27-i18n-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: addison: remind WG to review annotation-model
    issues for teleconference of 10 november and reply to their WG
    for a call on 11 november [recorded in
    [33]http://www.w3.org/2016/10/27-i18n-minutes.html#action01]

      [32] http://www.w3.org/2016/10/27-i18n-minutes.html#action02
      [33] http://www.w3.org/2016/10/27-i18n-minutes.html#action01

Summary of Resolutions

    [End of minutes]
Received on Friday, 28 October 2016 12:04:32 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 22:41:11 UTC