W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-international@w3.org > January to March 2016

[minutes] Internationalization WG telecon 2016-01-14

From: <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 12:01:08 +0000
To: www International <www-international@w3.org>
Message-ID: <569CD404.1000706@w3.org>
https://www.w3.org/2016/01/14-i18n-minutes.html




text version follows:





Internationalization Working Group Teleconference

14 Jan 2016

    [2]Agenda

       [2] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2016Jan/0005.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2016/01/14-i18n-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Addison, David, Richard, JcK

    Regrets
    Chair
           Addison Phillips

    Scribe
           Addison Phillips

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Agenda
          2. [6]Action Items
          3. [7]Info Share
          4. [8]RADAR
          5. [9]New Charter
          6. [10]CharMod
          7. [11]AOB?
      * [12]Summary of Action Items
      * [13]Summary of Resolutions
      __________________________________________________________

Agenda

Action Items

    <r12a> [14]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

      [14] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

Info Share

    JcK: hope base URN penultimate draft about to be posted

    <r12a> perhaps of minimal interest, but i created a runic
    picker over the vacation
    [15]http://r12a.github.io/pickers/runic/

      [15] http://r12a.github.io/pickers/runic/

    richard: and if you're interested in Old English and Old Norse

    <r12a> [16]http://rishida.net/blog/?p=1618

      [16] http://rishida.net/blog/?p=1618

    <r12a> [17]http://rishida.net/blog/?p=1626

      [17] http://r12a.github.io/pickers/oldnorse/

RADAR

    [18]https://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Review_radar

      [18] https://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Review_radar

    [19]https://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Project_radar

      [19] https://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Project_radar

    richard: put a page together on how to use github and our
    editorial guidelines
    ... will move from arabic layout location to a more general
    location

    <r12a>
    [20]http://w3c.github.io/i18n-activity/editorial-guidelines/

      [20] http://w3c.github.io/i18n-activity/editorial-guidelines/

    richard: please have a look and send feedback!
    ... FF may be about to implement @dir isolation in nightlies

New Charter

    <r12a>
    [21]http://w3c.github.io/i18n-activity/charters/i18n-wg-charter
    .html

      [21] http://w3c.github.io/i18n-activity/charters/i18n-wg-charter.html

    richard: this is the proposed charter
    ... haven't had feedback
    ... need to do quickly, needed by next Wednesday
    ... need to recharter because policy is not to keep endlessly
    extending
    ... two year recharter
    ... pretty much same charter with minor updating
    ... only 1 REC track deliverable

    addison: policy/process change picked up?
    ... looks pretty good to me

    david: looked at diffs, nothing substantial so happy

    richard: can we resolve that this is good?

    +1

    <r12a> +1

    <JcK> looks good to me. go

    <David> +1

    so resolved

    richard: also mention, will change location of charter

    <r12a>
    [22]http://w3c.github.io/i18n-activity/i18n-wg/charter.html

      [22] http://w3c.github.io/i18n-activity/i18n-wg/charter.html

    richard: it will be in github

    <r12a> [23]http://w3c.github.io/i18n-activity/i18n-wg/

      [23] http://w3c.github.io/i18n-activity/i18n-wg/

    richard: also moving home page to above location
    ... moving all home pages to repo
    ... and all charters
    ... that means that I don't have to edit the documents
    ... the IG, etc.
    ... some arabic layout group
    ... put the right thing in place of "i18n-wg"
    ... updating IG and ITS IG charters at same time

CharMod

    [24]http://w3c.github.io/charmod-norm/

      [24] http://w3c.github.io/charmod-norm/

    [25]http://w3c.github.io/charmod-norm/#convertingToCommonUnicod
    eForm

      [25] http://w3c.github.io/charmod-norm/#convertingToCommonUnicodeForm

    [26]http://w3c.github.io/charmod-norm/#unicodeControls

      [26] http://w3c.github.io/charmod-norm/#unicodeControls

    <scribe> ACTION: richard: ask ALReq folks about issue 1 in
    section 2.4 of charmod-norm [recorded in
    [27]http://www.w3.org/2016/01/14-i18n-minutes.html#action01]

      [27] http://www.w3.org/2016/01/14-i18n-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-486 - Ask alreq folks about issue 1
    in section 2.4 of charmod-norm [on Richard Ishida - due
    2016-01-21].

AOB?

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: richard: ask ALReq folks about issue 1 in section
    2.4 of charmod-norm [recorded in
    [28]http://www.w3.org/2016/01/14-i18n-minutes.html#action01]

      [28] http://www.w3.org/2016/01/14-i18n-minutes.html#action01

Summary of Resolutions

    [End of minutes]
Received on Monday, 18 January 2016 12:01:20 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 21 September 2016 22:37:40 UTC