I18N-ISSUE-395: URI developments ⓣ [xslt-30]

From: Internationalization Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 17:12:15 +0000
To: www-international@w3.org
I18N-ISSUE-395: URI developments ⓣ [xslt-30]

Raised by: Addison Phillips
On product: xslt-30

http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt-30/#uri-references

This section defines URI as:

--
[Definition: Within this specification, the term URI Reference, unless otherwise stated, refers to a string in the lexical space of the xs:anyURI datatype as defined in [XML Schema Part 2].] Note that this is a wider definition than that in [RFC3986]: in particular, it is designed to accommodate Internationalized Resource Identifiers (IRIs) as described in [RFC3987], and thus allows the use of non-ASCII characters without escaping.
--

This is a Good Thing, but continuing developments in the URI/IRI/URL space need to be tracked. I don't see any specific changes needed now: I'm creating this as a tracking issue.