W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-international@w3.org > July to September 2014

[minutes] Internationalization telecon 2014-07-31

From: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2014 14:31:28 +0100
Message-ID: <53E37FB0.8000401@w3.org>
To: www International <www-international@w3.org>
http://www.w3.org/2014/07/31-i18n-minutes.html




Text version follows:



Internationalization Working Group Teleconference

31 Jul 2014

    [2]Agenda

       [2] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2014Jul/0032.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2014/07/31-i18n-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Addison, Richard, JcK, Koji, Mati

    Regrets
           felix, david

    Chair
           Addison Phillips

    Scribe
           Addison Phillips

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Agenda
          2. [6]Action Items
          3. [7]Info Share
          4. [8]RADAR
          5. [9]CSS Text: review items for closure
          6. [10]Encoding LC
          7. [11]TimeZones in HTML
          8. [12]AOB?
      * [13]Summary of Action Items
      __________________________________________________________

Agenda

Action Items

    [14]http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

      [14] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

    action-319?

    <trackbot> action-319 -- Koji Ishii to Report back on korean
    justification when response received -- due 2014-07-17 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [15]http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/319

      [15] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/319

    koji: two issues to resolve
    ... one when language is korean
    ... one when unspecified
    ... sent proposal to style and public-cjk for former case
    (korean known)

    close action-319

    <trackbot> Closed action-319.

    <koji> For Korean justification, here's the proposal
    [16]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2014Jul/0513.
    html

      [16] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2014Jul/0513.html

    action-323?

    <trackbot> action-323 -- Richard Ishida to Modify instrucitons
    for reviews to include the new markings -- due 2014-07-31 --
    OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [17]http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/323

      [17] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/323

    close action-323

    <trackbot> Closed action-323.

    close action-324

    <trackbot> Closed action-324.

    close action-325

    <trackbot> Closed action-325.

Info Share

    JcK: precis met at ietf last week
    ... two outstanding issues
    ... which I own
    ... one is: notion that per-protocol profiles is dangerous
    ... other is: how does ietf community review changes to new
    versions of unicode
    ... since ietf and utc look at certain things differently
    ... compromise would be to ignore first issue
    ... second would get sorted inside ietf
    ... charmod differences with precis
    ... are off table
    ... unless raised
    ... write to pete resnick and ask where to say something

    <koji> [18]http://www.unicode.org/L2/L2014/14176.htm

      [18] http://www.unicode.org/L2/L2014/14176.htm

    koji: there will be utc next week
    ... agenda above
    ... utr50 will be reviewed
    ... also a few other cjk topics
    ... bopomofo letter i

    richard: participating in geek week
    ... one activity is updating uniview
    ... so supports unicode 7 final release
    ... one or two enhacements

    <r12a> [19]http://rishida.net/uniview/

      [19] http://rishida.net/uniview/

    richard: look in next day or so

RADAR

    [20]https://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Review_radar

      [20] https://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Review_radar

CSS Text: review items for closure

    [21]https://www.w3.org/International/track/products/2

      [21] https://www.w3.org/International/track/products/2

    [22]https://www.w3.org/International/track/products/2
    [23]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2014J
    ul/0023.html

      [22] https://www.w3.org/International/track/products/2
      [23] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2014Jul/0023.html

    issue-337?

    <trackbot> issue-337 -- line terminator handling ⓒ -- open

    <trackbot> [24]http://www.w3.org/International/track/issues/337

      [24] http://www.w3.org/International/track/issues/337

    JcK: did send a comment to list
    ... think they are doing wrong thing, but think it is
    "okay"/clear

    richard: can close, put comment on record

    assign action-315 to richard

Encoding LC

    koji: what does "t" mean?

    richard: haven't raised or submitted, it stands for "track"

    [25]http://www.w3.org/International/track/products/25

      [25] http://www.w3.org/International/track/products/25

    [26]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2014J
    ul/0028.html

      [26] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2014Jul/0028.html

    [27]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2014J
    ul/0027.html

      [27] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2014Jul/0027.html

    The IANA Character Sets registry also tracks character
    encodings and their specifications (if any), as well as
    assigning labels to registered character encodings. This
    specification, rather than the IANA Character Sets registry, is
    the recommended normative reference for specifications that
    define Web protocols and document formats and their
    implementations. Implementers should be aware that other,
    non-Web, protocols and formats (such as, for example, ema[CUT]

    The IANA Character Sets registry also tracks character
    encodings and their specifications (if any), as well as
    assigning labels to registered character encodings. This
    specification, rather than the IANA Character Sets registry, is
    the recommended normative reference for specifications that
    define Web protocols and document formats and their
    implementations.

    [28]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2014J
    ul/0018.html

      [28] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2014Jul/0018.html

    addison: conformance rather than normative?

    jck: formats/protocols for new-ish and web-ish type formats
    ... are different than that ietf-ish type stuff, so different
    rules

    This specification has requirements that are distinct from and
    incompatible with ICSR.

    jck: partly incompatible with

    richard: carrot to use this spec?

    <scribe> ACTION: addison: invite anne to next teleconference to
    discuss open encoding issues [recorded in
    [29]http://www.w3.org/2014/07/31-i18n-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-326 - Invite anne to next
    teleconference to discuss open encoding issues [on Addison
    Phillips - due 2014-08-07].

TimeZones in HTML

    [30]https://www.w3.org/International/wiki/HTML5TimeZone

      [30] https://www.w3.org/International/wiki/HTML5TimeZone

    richard: con for proposal A still mentions <date>
    ... proposal B says microsyntaxes rather than iso8601

    <scribe> ACTION: addison: update the time zone proposal and
    then file an issue against html5.next about it [recorded in
    [31]http://www.w3.org/2014/07/31-i18n-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-327 - Update the time zone proposal
    and then file an issue against html5.next about it [on Addison
    Phillips - due 2014-08-07].

AOB?

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: addison: invite anne to next teleconference to
    discuss open encoding issues [recorded in
    [32]http://www.w3.org/2014/07/31-i18n-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: addison: update the time zone proposal and then
    file an issue against html5.next about it [recorded in
    [33]http://www.w3.org/2014/07/31-i18n-minutes.html#action02]

    [End of minutes]
Received on Thursday, 7 August 2014 13:31:56 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 21 September 2016 22:37:37 UTC