Re: [css-text] I18N-ISSUE-337: line terminator handling

--On Thursday, July 31, 2014 11:06 -0400 John Cowan
<cowan@mercury.ccil.org> wrote:

> John C Klensin scripsit:
>
>> (i) Unless there is general consensus that Unicode's attempt
>> to introduce an unambiguous Line Separator in form of U+2028
>> has been a complete failure,
>
> I don't think there's any doubt: it is a complete failure.  It
> was a paradigm case of "There are N ways to do it, so we sit
> down to set up a standard.  Now there are N+1 ways to do it."

That is consistent with how I read the direction of the wind.
But I'm often in an isolated corner of things so didn't know how
general the perception was.  That leads to two questions:

(1) Would it be helpful for this document to explicitly say
"don't use U+2028 and, if you find it, convert it to something
else"?

(2) Has consideration been given to making an explicit statement
in, e.g., Unicode 8.x that reflects your comment/conclusion
above?  At least 6.2/6.3 continue to recommend converting to LS
(U+2028) and there do not appear to be any 7.0 changes in that
area.

thanks,
   john