[css-text] I18N-ISSUE-317: Line breaking property and value names

From: Phillips, Addison <addison@lab126.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 18:23:19 +0000
To: "CSS WWW Style (www-style@w3.org)" <www-style@w3.org>
CC: www International <www-international@w3.org>
    5. Line Breaking and Word Boundaries
    http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-css-text-3-20131010/#line-breaking

    I have always found the naming of the properties in section 5 a little confusing, and I'm guessing others will too. In the spec, the titles seem to attempt to clarify the meaning, though I don't think it's very successful.

    The line-break property is only concerned with a detail of one aspect of line-breaking, although it sounds like the most important property for handling line breaks.

    I propose that we change the following:

    [[
    line-break
    auto
    loose
    normal
    strict

    word-break
    normal
    keep-all
    break-all
    ]]

    to:

    [[
    line-break-strictness
    auto
    loose
    normal
    strict

    line-break-style or line-break-type
    normal
    force-character
    force-word
    ]]

    and that, whether or not we change the names, to help people learning about line-breaking from the spec, we put the word-break/line-break-style section first, and follow it by line-break/line-break-strictness.