[css-text] I18N-ISSUE-308: Definition of 'grapheme cluster'

From: Phillips, Addison <addison@lab126.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 18:15:15 +0000
To: "CSS WWW Style (www-style@w3.org)" <www-style@w3.org>
CC: www International <www-international@w3.org>
    1. Section 1.3: The description of "grapheme cluster" feels abbreviated and terse. Of particular concern to me is this sentence:

    --
    The UA may further tailor the definition as required by typographical tradition.
    --

    We think this could be clearer, perhaps by saying something similar to:

    --
    The UA may extend grapheme cluster boundaries as required by the typographical traditions, as identified by the content's language. [See discussion of "extended graphame cluster" in Section 3 of UAX#29]