W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-international@w3.org > October to December 2013

[minutes] Internationalization telecon 2013-10-03

From: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2013 11:54:27 +0100
Message-ID: <5253E463.4060903@w3.org>
To: www International <www-international@w3.org>
http://www.w3.org/2013/10/03-i18n-minutes.html



Text version follows:

Internationalization Working Group Teleconference

03 Oct 2013

    [2]Agenda

       [2] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2013Oct/0000.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2013/10/03-i18n-irc

Attendees

    Present
           aphillip, Richard, mati, JcK

    Regrets
           felix

    Chair
           Addison Phillips

    Scribe
           Addison Phillips

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Agenda
          2. [6]Action Items
          3. [7]Info Share
          4. [8]RADAR
          5. [9]location of editorical meeting
          6. [10]Whither Encodings
          7. [11]Authoring HTML: Handling RTL Scripts
          8. [12]QA Translate Flag (any unfinished business??)
          9. [13]"Permissive Exit" email thread
         10. [14]'Tr' defaulting behavior in Vertical Text
         11. [15]Info Share
         12. [16]AOB?
      * [17]Summary of Action Items
      __________________________________________________________

Agenda

Action Items

    <r12a> [18]http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

      [18] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

    [19]http://www.w3.org/International/wiki/FloatingTime

      [19] http://www.w3.org/International/wiki/FloatingTime

    close action-257

    <trackbot> Closed action-257.

    close action-260

    <trackbot> Closed action-260.

    close action-265

    <trackbot> Closed action-265.

    richard: scheduled, waiting on PLH to approve publication
    request

Info Share

RADAR

    [20]http://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Review_radar

      [20] http://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Review_radar

    JcK: URNbis will issue a new LC soon, but currently waiting for
    a "miracle" solution to impasse

location of editorical meeting

    addison: martin asked us to discuss
    ... we have generally camped out in people's hotel rooms

    <scribe> ACTION: addison: ask on member list if anyone is
    willing to formally host the F2F [recorded in
    [21]http://www.w3.org/2013/10/03-i18n-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-266 - Ask on member list if anyone is
    willing to formally host the f2f [on Addison Phillips - due
    2013-10-10].

Whither Encodings

    [22]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-international/2013O
    ctDec/0000.html

      [22] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-international/2013OctDec/0000.html

    (discussion of situation following Anne's email)

    now waiting to hear from Anne about his reasoning and response
    to Martin's email

Authoring HTML: Handling RTL Scripts

    richard: mati gave me some useful comments which I'll
    incorporate

    <r12a>
    [23]http://www.w3.org/International/docs/bp-html-bidi/Overview.
    html

      [23] http://www.w3.org/International/docs/bp-html-bidi/Overview.html

    richard: may not need full review

    <scribe> ACTION: addison: announce intention to publish
    editor's copy of bp-html-bidi on winter list following
    richard's update [recorded in
    [24]http://www.w3.org/2013/10/03-i18n-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-267 - Announce intention to publish
    editor's copy of bp-html-bidi on winter list following
    richard's update [on Addison Phillips - due 2013-10-10].

QA Translate Flag (any unfinished business??)

    <scribe> ACTION: richard: publish QA Translate Flag after
    incorporating comments [recorded in
    [25]http://www.w3.org/2013/10/03-i18n-minutes.html#action03]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-268 - Publish qa translate flag after
    incorporating comments [on Richard Ishida - due 2013-10-10].

    <r12a> ACTION: Richard to add mati and najib's comment to bidi
    techniques doc [recorded in
    [26]http://www.w3.org/2013/10/03-i18n-minutes.html#action04]

      <trackbot> Created ACTION-269 - Add mati and najib's comment
      to bidi techniques doc [on Richard Ishida - due 2013-10-10].

"Permissive Exit" email thread

    [27]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-international/2013O
    ctDec/0002.html

      [27] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-international/2013OctDec/0002.html

    richard: Paul Cotton sent an email pointing out things needing
    attention to get html through CR
    ... the WAI people pointed to some issues
    ... and the first was to do with 'lang' attribute
    ... and pointed to a bug in which Amir Ahroni
    ... said lang should influence dir
    ... and Aharon created a separate bug about isolation
    ... I think WAI is pointed to wrong bug---they want the
    isolation bug
    ... and the 'lang' bug needs more discussion
    ... and would be applied after CR

    <r12a> [28]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=18490

      [28] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=18490

    <r12a> [29]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=22326

      [29] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=22326

    richard: bug 18490 would leave making @lang bidi isolating

    [30]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=23260

      [30] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=23260

    richard: waiting for Aharon to come back on the above bug
    ... WAI thinks that isolation on @dir is important
    ... but that seems to be the wrong bug for tracking it

    <scribe> ACTION: addison: ping Aharon to respond to 23260 (as
    well as 18490/22326) [recorded in
    [31]http://www.w3.org/2013/10/03-i18n-minutes.html#action05]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-270 - Ping aharon to respond to 23260
    (as well as 18490/22326) [on Addison Phillips - due
    2013-10-10].

    addison: we discussed previously and should have thread about
    it

    richard: best for Aharon to say that previous discussion led to
    a different consensus, that we studied the compatibility issue
    ... think we know better now

    addison: I think we previously convinced Ian that there might
    be a compatibility issue, but we've since studied it

'Tr' defaulting behavior in Vertical Text

    we intend to take this up next week as our hour is up

Info Share

    richard: Unicode 6.3 released
    ... includes bidi stuff

AOB?

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: addison: announce intention to publish editor's
    copy of bp-html-bidi on winter list following richard's update
    [recorded in
    [32]http://www.w3.org/2013/10/03-i18n-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: addison: ask on member list if anyone is willing
    to formally host the F2F [recorded in
    [33]http://www.w3.org/2013/10/03-i18n-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: addison: ping Aharon to respond to 23260 (as well
    as 18490/22326) [recorded in
    [34]http://www.w3.org/2013/10/03-i18n-minutes.html#action05]
    [NEW] ACTION: Richard to add mati and najib's comment to bidi
    techniques doc [recorded in
    [35]http://www.w3.org/2013/10/03-i18n-minutes.html#action04]
    [NEW] ACTION: richard: publish QA Translate Flag after
    incorporating comments [recorded in
    [36]http://www.w3.org/2013/10/03-i18n-minutes.html#action03]

    [End of minutes]
Received on Tuesday, 8 October 2013 10:54:58 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 21 September 2016 22:37:35 UTC