Re: Comment on ITS 2.0 specification WD, i18n-ISSUE-213: its-term in example 44

Hi Richard, all,

as Mārcis wrote in his reply and as we discussed during yesterday's i18n
call, HTML "dfn" has quite some ambiguity. For ITS implementations, the
main point is this: the "its-term" attribute has the same semantics like
its counterpart for XML content (its:term); an ITS processor will
recognize "its-term" in HTML5, but won't know anything about "dfn" or
"dt". And we don't want to change that behaviour with regards to "dfn"
or "dt", due to reasons you summarized at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-international/2013JanMar/0095.html

Would it resolve your comment if we handle it together with
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-international/2013JanMar/0095.html
"i18n-ISSUE-212: HTML5 in the ITS spec"
and to add explanatory text like the above to the example?

I'd encourage others to look into the i18n-ISSUE-212 issue too - it's
quite important for getting the "ITS + HTML message" across.

Best,

Felix