Re: I18N-ISSUE-207: Term data category and dfn element [.prep-ITS-20]

Am 14.01.13 20:44, schrieb Internationalization Working Group Issue Tracker:
> I18N-ISSUE-207: Term data category and dfn element [.prep-ITS-20]
>
> http://www.w3.org/International/track/issues/207
>
> Raised by: Richard Ishida
> On product: .prep-ITS-20
>
> 8.4 Terminology
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-its20-20121206/#terminology
>
> We probably need to consider how the its-term attribute relates to the dfn element, which I believe serves the same function, and describe that in this section.

mm .. not sure if we need that in the ITS2 spec, but rather in a best
practice document: there are many existing (XML) vocabularies that have
existing similar or identical purposes which you may want to fulfil with
ITS markup or native markup, see e.g. the DITA "translate" or
terminology markup. Putting guidance here would make the ITS2 spec
rather long. Rather I'd put energy in an update of XML i18n BP
http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/NOTE-xml-i18n-bp-20080213/
to cover both XML and HTML.

Best,

Felix