Re: I18N-ISSUE-204: Use of namespaces and HTML [.prep-ITS-20]

Am 14.01.13 20:07, schrieb Internationalization Working Group Issue Tracker:
> I18N-ISSUE-204: Use of namespaces and HTML [.prep-ITS-20]
>
> http://www.w3.org/International/track/issues/204
>
> Raised by: Richard Ishida
> On product: .prep-ITS-20
>
> 3.1 Notation
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-its20-20121206/#notation
>
> "The namespace prefix used in this specification for this URI is “its”. It is recommended that implementations of this specification use this prefix."
>
> I believe that this paragraph refers to XML implementations only - HTML implementations do not use namespaces, just attribute prefixes. If so, that should be stated clearly.

Would it resolve the comment to change the sentence as follows:

"The namespace prefix used in this specification for XML implementations
of ITS for above URI is “its”. It is recommended that XML implementations of this specification use this prefix."

Note that above (HTML implementations do not use namespaces) is not
completely true: ITS global rules in HTML are the same as XML global
rules in terms of namespaces; see
http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-its20-20121206/#html5-global-rules
for details.

Best,