Re: AGENDA 2012-08-15: Internationalization Teleconference

agenda+ NFC, HTML5 and RDF conversion

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Aug/0196.html
Background: in the MLW-LT working group, we are defining a transformation
of HTML5 (or XML) content to the RDF format NIF, see
http://wiki.nlp2rdf.org/wiki/ITS2NIF2ITS
for details. The details are not important here, but one aspect of the
transformation is that is in the 0196 mail cited above:

"- RDF recommends Unicode NormalForm C :

http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-concepts/#section-Literals
This is why, we will make it mandatory. Some of the RDF parsers might
complain, if any literals are not in Unicode Normalform C . Sometimes

these are just warning and sometimes parsing fails completely."

What I'd like to discuss briefly:
- is this the right thing to do?
- will it work with HTML5 content in a round tripping scenario, that is
HTML5 > HTML5 converted to NFC > NIF > HTML5?
- IIRC, and looking at this thread
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-validator/2011May/thread#msg31
HTML5 doesn't require NFC. Can this cause troubles for the NIF conversion,
and how could we avoid them?

Thanks,

Felix

--