Re: I18N-ISSUE-163: Flexbox specification needs examples using different writing modes [CSS3-flexbox]

Well, the normative text certainly requires the mental gymnastics, and there's no way to avoid that. The examples should show why they're necessary and how they pay off in real life. It's good to start with examples that are easy to understand for the readers, but there should also be some that show more complex or unusual (for the average reader) situations.

In the new example, I'd recommend sticking with numbered boxes, since not all readers can read Japanese and know Iroha (I had to look up the latter). Also, "English" and "Japanese" are not good labels, as left-to-right writing was standardized by the Greek and is also used by Japanese, while top-to-bottom writing came to Japan from China.

Thanks,
Norbert