Re: Selecting Glyph Variants

Chris Lilley wrote:

> AC> And out of interest which browsers support this?
>
> Currently there is support in Firefox (with a -moz- vendor  extension, as the
> work has not yet advanced to CR). I hear of interest from the Microsoft IE and
> Typography, and from Chrome, but have not seen runing code from them yet.

Vendor-specific versions of the 'font-feature-settings' property, which exposes
OpenType glyph substitution features, have been available on Firefox for many
versions now. Webkit (Chrome/Safari) has them implemented on Windows/Linux and
is working on them for OSX.  Microsoft has implemented them in their IE10
preview build, expected to be released this spring.

Cheers,

John Daggett
Mozilla Japan