RE: Shaping characters in upright orientation in vertical text flow

I tend to think that:

1. The thing being shaped "upright" should be a grapheme cluster. Note that this may not be a *default* grapheme cluster.

2. Upright should *mean* upright. It may not be a good idea to apply it to, for example, Arabic text, but what's the point of a style if it doesn't do what you ask it too? There may be cases in which, for example, one wants to render even shaping characters upright. For example, if I want a single Arabic character "upright" in an example.

Addison