Re: Using white-space: no-wrap to prevent breaking between CJK words/names

On Jan 31, 2011, at 9:43 AM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> On 1/31/11 12:33 PM, Richard Ishida wrote:
>> Ambrose thought that no-wrap doesn't work in most browsers, so I put a
>> quick test case together at
>> http://www.w3.org/International/tests/test-incubator/nowrap-in-cjk/test1.html
>
> Richard, thanks for that!
>
> For what it's worth, it should be possible to test this without window resizing by just making the block containing the text width:0, so that all allowed breaks are taken.  That version should be quite amenable to automated testing and such.

For what it's worth, in Webkit (a recent nightly), "は石田で" is sticking together and NOT wrapping between any of those four characters, whereas I would have expected it to allow a break between "は" and "石" and between the "田" and "で". This is true for both versions of the test.