Re: SVG Tiny bidi tests

Hi Simon,

Yes, you're right, the tests using unicode-bidi="override" are broken and
can be fixed as you suggest.

I have a question about some of the other i18n svg tests.

These tests don't behave the same way as the corresponding HTML
counterparts (attached):
   -
http://www.w3.org/International/tests/svg/tests-bidi/direction-unicode-bidi?test=1
   -
http://www.w3.org/International/tests/svg/tests-bidi/direction-unicode-bidi?test=6
   - (the two corresponding textArea+tspan tests)

Are the above tests correct?

Cheers
/Erik

On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 22:31:49 +0100, Simon Montagu <smontagu@smontagu.org>
wrote:

> Thank you for these excellent tests, and apologies for the delayed
> response.
>
> If I am not mistaken, there is an error in all the override tests under
> http://www.w3.org/International/tests/svg/test-direction-unicode-bidi-0,
> because they say "unicode-bidi: override" instead of "unicode-bidi:
> bidi-override".
>
> Best regards,
> Simon
>
> On 11/07/2008 08:09 PM, Richard Ishida wrote:
>>
>> Chaps,
>>
>> I have just uploaded 82 tests (marked as draft until someone checks
>> them for me) for handling of direction, unicode-bidi, text-anchor,
>> and text-align in SVG Tiny 1.2, as per the latest editor's copy.
>>
>> I'd be grateful if some SVG folks would cast an eye over them.  In
>> particular, I hope that these will be of use to the people
>> implementing bidi support in SVG in user agents, although I am not
>> expecting the tests to become part of the SVG Tiny 1.2 test suite at
>> this late stage.
>>
>> You can find the tests here:
>>
>> http://www.w3.org/International/tests/svg/test-direction-unicode-bidi-0
>>

>> http://www.w3.org/International/tests/svg/test-direction-alignment-0
>>
>> If you comment on the tests, please copy both the lists above, unless
>> you have good reason not to. (I won't see comments on the svg list
>> only.)
>>

>> Cheers, RI
>>

>> ============ Richard Ishida Internationalization Lead W3C (World Wide
>> Web Consortium)