Re: [css3-writing-modes] direction vs. writing mode in markup vs. style

Oops.  Let me try again using UTF-8 rather than ISO-2022-JP.

Martin and John,

I once tried find some definitions of han-ideographic representations of
numbers.  I find that there are no standards or laws.  Some laws
mention example representations, but they are just too sketchy.

How do Japanese represent numbers using han-ideographic characters?
There are more than one way to represent numbers.

For example, 35 can be represented by

三五,
三十五,
参五, or
参拾五

305 can be represented by

三〇五,
三百五,
参百五, or
参〇五

and 10035 can be represented by

一万三十五,
壱萬参拾五,
壱〇〇参五,
一〇〇三五, or
1万35

I do not believe that we can provide automatic conversion from numbers
to han-ideographic representations.

Cheers,
Makoto