RE: Null change proposal for ISSUE-88 (mark II)

Hi, for my own personal uses it would be best that the  http headers sent by the server never be looked at since my server is remote and I have not found a way to control it.

However that remains my personal problem.

So I cannot go with Leif's suggestion that you go all the way and give all priority to the http header.

Thus I remain in favor of the status quo basically:  I think the html4 specs are fine.  I think for inheritance of the text processing language, first priority should be to the html lang=  followed by the last meta content-language element in cases where there is more than one (here I go with Leif).

I favor that the meta content-language element take a comma separated list of one or more languages, or alternately the empty string (null).  Same for the http header which should still get priority for content-negotiation which I cannot benefit from.

Best,

C. E. Whitehead

cewcathar@hotmail.com