Character model for the web: string identity and string indexing

I realise that the document http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/NOTE-charreq-20090915/
is largely historical, however I took the opportunity to read through it to
see whether it formed useful input for development of the QT specifications,
and with the endorsement of the joint XSL and XQuery working groups I am
submitting the following comments for the record.

Michael Kay
Saxonica