Re: Testing IRI fragment identifiers

There is also the issue of the separators / slash and  . dot in the
browser address bar.

In order for the rest of my explanation to make sense I should say
that I am using the alternate root server <http://cesidianroot.net/>
for these tests and the consequence of that is that the China ccTLD   .
中国 works

(1) When I type in:  拉夫堡大学.中国/计算机科学  it works
just fine because I am using U+002E FULL STOP and U+002F SOLIDUS/Slash

(2) When I type in :  拉夫堡大学。中国/计算机科学 that
also works fine because the browser automatically converts from U+3002
IDEOGRAPHIC FULL STOP (which is what I get when I type dot whilst in
my Chinese Input Method) to U+002E FULL STOP

(3) When I type in:  拉夫堡大学。中国/计算机科学 it does
NOT work because I am using U+FF0F FULLWIDTH SOLIDUS which is what I
get when I type slash whilst in my Chinese Input Method.

When typing a Chinese web address I argue that it is very important
that one should be able to remain within a Chinese Input Method.
But ... For (3)  I have to come out of the chinese input method to
type the slash and then back into the chinese input method to type the
pathname part

So I think that the browser should automatically convert the U+FF0F
FULLWIDTH SOLIDUS to U+002F SOLIDUS then one can remain in the chinese
input method

This issue may well occur in other languages

(1)-(3) Tested using Safari, Firefox and Opera on MacOSX

André Schappo

On 15 Dec 2008, at 21:16, Richard Ishida wrote:

> Hello Leif,
>
> I added a couple of tests to my revised set of IDN and IRI tests, to
> be found (unannounced as yet) at
> http://www.w3.org/International/tests/html/test-resid-0.html
>
> Cheers,
> RI