Re: controlling digits substitution in IE/FF (Arabic/Hindi/Decimal)

Hello Daniel,

I also noticed that and thought that it was the browsers own initiative
(based upon what?) to display Arabic-Indic digits in stead of the
original European digits.

It may be worth to note that Arabic-Indic digits are mostly used in
middle-east, with regard to north-africa. So numeric keys on keyboards
may vary, and composers will produce Indic-digit codes or European-digit
codes.

Anyway, On Mac OS, with Opera, Safari, Firefox, Mozilla (SeaMonkey)
things are OK, but  for Mozilla. It does the inverse: Arabic-Indic
digits codepoints (U+0660 to U+0669) are displayed as European digits (a
bug?).
But, as Richard noted, I Copy/Paste these digits elsewhere and I
retrieve the original Arabic-Indic digits.

As Richard also noted, dir="rtl" attribute has no effect. Nor does
lang="ar".

Codes are different: European digits are U+0030 to U+0039, and
Arabic-Indic are U+0660 to U+0669. My opinion is that one should get
what she/he codes.

Regards,

Najib

--