RE: [Comment on WS-I18N WD]

> Dan Chiba wrote:
>
> > I totally agree. Can we all settle on this?
>
> Whatever you all agree on, if it allows
> underscores in language tags I scream :-)

+1

I don't think that we'd be serving the community well by allowing multiple formats here. Proprietary locale systems have to map to the shared locale identifiers anyway. Even LDML is following this trend. If we allow "POSIX-like" identifiers, some people will foolishly think that @variant or .charset constructs are permitted too. Which is why I asked for a clear separation.

Addison