RE: xml:base (was Re: IRI meets RDF meets HTTP redirect)

Hi,

My two cents - Dave's got it right below.

Some of the recent comments in this thread seemed to imply that
there are a small, manageable number of tools doing such resolution
and equivalence comparison.

But there are _lots_ of tools and there are literally thousands
of snippets of application and library code in some dozens of
programming languages doing this resolution and comparison.

The chance that most of the code snippet authors are going
to follow this obscure chain of referenced source documents
is zero.

Frank's right - stick to pure ASCII XML for the next decade,
if you want to avoid user surprises.  And that's a sad state
of affairs.

Cheers,
- Ira

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc