Re: [Ltru] Re: For review: Tagging text with no language

Hi, my comment is below; I understand that mul is for where you know there
is  content from more than one language.
Otherwise the code for content which you are sure is in some language where
you do not know how many languages are involved is mis.

Is that right??

--C. E. Whitehead
cewcathar@hotmail.com

Mark Davis <mark.davis@icu-project.org>
On 4/13/07, Frank Ellermann <nobody@xyzzy.claranet.de> wrote:

    Mark Davis wrote:

   > >                                   mul = "Multiple
   > > >               mul, if the        languages"
   > > >              protocol only      maybe also
   > > > chat          permits a          others, since
   > > >              single tag         "chat" has
   > > >               <en, fr>           entered the
   > > >               otherwise          vocabulary of
   > >  >                                 many languages

   > > Depends on the context.  If the context is something in the
   > > direction of your comment it's fine.  But if the context is
   > > "I don't know if that's about a chat or a cat" I'd use "und".

>'und' is possible, but I think that mul conveys more information.

'mul' only works I think if you are sure there is more than one language;
otherwise 'mis' or 'und' but und thus is being used rather freely I guess--
it seems to me.

That's what I gather.