Re: For review: An Introduction to Multilingual Web Addresses

Hello Erik,

Sorry for he delay, I wasn't on line the last week.
In a reply [1] to a mail from Mark, I mentioned a test where the %xx%xx
version  of Unicode characters in IDNs doesn't work.  Here is the simple
test:
http://196.200.140.8/Tests/IDNs/Issue3.html

In this page I don't mention which browsers passes the test. In fact, I
wasn't sure that the %xx%xx was a valid encoding until Martin tells me
that RFC 3986 explicitly allows these, but fixes them to use UTF-8. But
not all browsers implement them yet.

With MacOS X, Safari 2.0.1 and FireFox 2.0.0.3 don't accept %xx%xx.
Opera 9.02 does.
All these browsers display the IDN in native language in the status bar.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Najib

[1]