Re: [Ltru] RE: New web app: Searching for language subtags

I have a couple of usability suggestions.

Example. Click on Regions, put in "France" in *Search for: *and click *Show
Result*. You get unexpected outcome. It isn't clear that the push button
only affects what the radio button says. And even after you know this, it's
clumsy, since you always have to switch the radio button, then hit the push
button.

Rather than the current interface, it would be faster and less confusing to
have pushbuttons for all of what you have as radio buttons, and remove "Show
Results". And retitle Descriptions and Subtags as "Search Descriptions" and
"Search Subtags".

Subtags isn't quite right either, since I can put in whole language tags
like "ar-Arab". So I'd suggest separating that as a separate button "Search
Tags". You don't test for invalid whole tags right now, so "Arab-en". You
document that, but it would be easy to fix. I have a regex that tests
validity and divides up the language tag into the pieces, so you could use
that if you want.

Mark
**