RE: [Ltru] Re: New web app: Searching for language subtags

Hi Stephane,

> "french" gives you three geographic regions, not one of them
> being France ("fr")
>
> Knowing the registry, I can understand i, but ordinary users
> may deserve more warnings.

This is an issue for the registry (if it is an issue) since people will look
for things there in the same way as they do using this form.  The only other
way to find FR for France would be to read the registry, and I don't think
people will thank you for suggesting that (especially if they are looking
for say a language that begins with 'w') ;-)

As it happens, I'm not sure it's an issue.  I think that if you are looking
for a country code you'd search on France, not French.

I think that whats happening here is rather that you are getting some
regions when you search for a language - which, for me, is not a big deal
either.

> Bug report: multiline comments are not properly handled, only
> the first line is displayed. See variant "1694acad" or region
> "gb" for an example.

Yes, thanks.  I was aware, but have not had time to fix it yet.  Will do so
asap.

RI

Richard Ishida
Internationalization Lead