Re: New article published: xml:lang in XML document schemas

Addison

I was somewhat surprised at:
[[
XML Schema requires that the xml namespace be declared and imported
before using xml:lang (and other xml namespace values)
]]
http://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-when-xmllang

since in:
http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-xml-names-19990114/#ns-using
I read:
[[
The namespace prefix, unless it is xml or xmlns, must have been declared
in a namespace declaration attribute in either the start-tag of the
element where the prefix is used or in an an ancestor element (i.e. an
element in whose content the prefixed markup occurs). The prefix xml is
by definition bound to the namespace name
http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace.
]]

Please clarify

Jeremy