Re: New article for REVIEW: Upgrading from language-specific legacy encoding to Unicode encoding

2005/8/24, Jony Rosenne <rosennej@qsm.co.il>:

> Isn't this an i18n article?

Surely it is an i18n article. But that does not imply the article should
include every single details of every single issues in different languges.
Surely those issues should be covered somewhere, but I think we should also
consider the readability and general design of reading flow.

Isn't this an i18n mailling list? Why your email is not in Hebrew or Chinese
but in English ? :) [just kidding]

The problems you mention should be addressed too. Otherwise the article is
> plain misleading.

I 100% agree that these issues should be addressed somewhere sometime in the
W3C documentation. But I think I will leave that to Richard to design how to
'componentize' these documentation into a meaningful way. Capture everything
I can think about for every languages in legacy encodings probably will
produce a document as thick as the current Unicode 4.0 standard. If you ask
my friend in SIL, they surely will tell us more than we can think about....

Jony

--
Frank Yung-Fong Tang 譚永鋒
Šýšţém Årçĥîţéçţ

Day: 703-265-6347 http://people.netscape.com/ftang
Skype: FrankYungFongTang Yahoo IM: FrankYungFongTan
AIM ID: ytang0648 MSN IM: FrankYungFongTang@hotmail.com